Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
It was a successful day! We ended up having dinner in the church building then a bon fire with good friends. We had an amazing time together. Also it was a 4 egg day! 5 or 6 of the 8 ladies in our coop are laying. Waiting on a couple of them to start up.

I know a few things about confronting problems... If we don't state who or what has hurt us we cannot repair the relationship through asking forgiveness for the pain we caused. Has the problem been confronted in a kind way? Does the person who hurt others know they caused pain? Will they admit they were wrong? Are we all ready to forgive and move forward?

I am the outsider, I don't know what happened or anything else... This is just how I confront problems.

Thanks for listening.

KEN

welcome-byc.gif
the troll & anyone else I might have missed! Happy to have you join us.
FT, yes. I got my sis an India blue peacock, and I'm sure she'll be wanting a hen in no time. But Jim is in front of me in line for an IB peahen.
big_smile.png

Raiq, no worries! I was kind of curious if the current standards get as tall as the older ones. They seem to be meddling in tree genetics all the time trying to get bigger & better fruit. I wonder if the height has stayed the same?
hu.gif
My mom knows of a really big, old pear tree in her town that has small pears, but they are the tastiest & bug-free pears, sitting on an empty lot. She stops every fall & picks some up off the ground because she likes them so much.
Mmmmmm, fresh horsey sauce! Yummm!
DrH, you really made DH laugh with your description of PeaTwo marching around in the snow.
Yes, WCc, you made me tired again!
smile.png

frow.gif
FM! Hope to hear from you again soon.
Jim, I don't have too much experience with it yet, but it worked for me when it erased a bunch of my text but the "post a reply" window was still open. Hold down Ctrl & then hit Z. HTH. It probably worked for me because I didn't write a book yet.
hu.gif

Tiki, try walking in on a skunk having a snack with your birds sometime.
sickbyc.gif

What a nice weather day today! Got the coop & the garage cleaned out. Now the cars can actually fit in there again (the garage, Jim).
lol.png
I hope tomorrow will be as productive.
Sweet dreams, all!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
I'm sorry it's not funny !!! I know the feeling all to well !!! But you have a good point !!! I don't think I have ever had it vanish even after a sentence or two !!! How does it know that you are about one word away from hitting the submit button ???? Doo Doo Doo Do !!!
Another twilight zone mystery !!!!
idunno.gif

Chocolate Pudding

Last edited:
wee.gif
Guess what's running in my kitchen !!!! My dishwasher that I got for $40 down in Racine !!!!
wee.gif

Remember they were asking $140 for it, and it was half price on Weds, and weekends. When I went back it was marked down to $80. So got it for half price, $40,
Well it ended up costing me $140 because we went to Menards today and had to buy a new faucet so I could hook it up (its a full size portable)

The faucet was $100. None of the kitchen faucets were on sale, so I'll have to keep an eye out and see if they do in the next few weeks to get a price adjustment.
And I actually crawled under the sink myself and removed the old faucet and put the new one in !!!
thumbsup.gif
DH had to use the boys room when we got home and I was to anxious to wait.

Went to Aldis while we were in Rhinelander and there was a woman that said they were going to a holloween party tonight. I asked what they were wearing. She said these are our costumes !!! "We're going as happy people" LOL Thought that was cute. Wonder if DH and I could pull that off for a night !!! LOL
gig.gif

WCC yep you tired me out !!! So you didn't have to feed the torts or snakes ???

Feeling kind of punky tonight. Bought snickers bars to hand out for trick or treat, unfortuneately I am going to have to buy more candy !!!
sickbyc.gif

But need to find out when they are having it here cause I have to go for a teeth cleaning at 4:30pm on Monday and Dh will be working so we may not be home. Then what would I do with all that candy ???? Give ya one guess !!!

Cindlady, how's the plumbing at your place? Good I hope
fl.gif

Didn't go to the Fond Du Lac swap today. To far to drive. Our trucks brake fluid was real low yesterday and Dh said the petal was almost to the floor. We've had to add fluid more then any other vehicle I've ever had. So all you mechanical people, what would cause it to lose fluid?

A leak in the lines, master cylinder bad??? Where do we start to look for the problem? I have noticed that the breaks were making a creaking noise when you applied them, not sure if that is related to the fluid problem or not.
Even the woman at the feed store noticed the creaking noise. As I was backing up to the garage door to pick up feed I almost hit their building !!!
hide.gif
I came about two inches away from hitting it !!! She thought at first the noise was me hitting the wall, but then said it was my brakes !!! How embarassing !!! I was watching in the driver side mirror, never looked in the passenger side mirror !!

I'm sure it won't be the last time !!

O My goodness Celtic Chick Peeeeeww haha

Thank You Ken
big_smile.png
I think I have it worked out it my head now and am settled with it for now at least. I am glad you had a wonderful time.
smile.png

Boy am I LUCKY! I decided to make a 3 mile run (really drive) to town for some cheese to put on my popcorn at 10:30pm tonight. SPLURGE!! I am sure glad I did. There was a big lump in my yard and looked like a large cat or coyote. I drove up to it and turned the brights on and here was my favorite black silkie hen camped out on the cold grass. She never would have made it through the night with all the predators around here. I really have no idea how she got way over there. Just very happy to have her. I was so happy to see her I brought her along for the ride to town.

smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Haha I got this big empty book, to put candy in, you open it up and it says creepy haloween sayings. Too bad you werent closer I'd give it to ya. Then you could just put sign inside , just take one please! Course they would be so upset after openning it they wouldnt know what to do! I scared myself a couple times openning it when I wasnt thinking. lol I need to get rid of it.

Very tired tonight so the abbreviated version...

Welcome all new people... welcome back lost souls!

Funny post!
lau.gif

So sad
hit.gif
(but don't remember seeing a sad post)

Try a seat belt!

Sounds like fun!

Whatever I missed... think of me responding!
gig.gif

Started doing tomatoes tonight but plumbing had a "blurp" seems to be OK now
hu.gif
Headache is back... very tired.... going to clean up some of my mess and then BED! Night!

good morning, maybe I should write a few short posts instead of one long one..

Rev Ken.. Hope you are not offended by a few cuss words .. I only use them when needed .. I think we all were in the "no extra" money situation when our kids were little.. and you know what? we did have a lot of fun as a family back then.. went on fishing picnics.. my wife took my liberty dime collection and took the kids to the Dairy Queen for cones.. A six pack of beer was a real treat shared 3 ways.. ($1.25 back then) No sink OR cabinets in our rental kitchen, not to mention we had to carry water from the hand pump.. (we called it running water)..

Other than me getting my nose out of joint; I don't know of any hard feelings .. I think people just don't post and time slips by.. My friend brought me a load of granite.. we sat and had a cuppa and then we realized that I had not been to his new house yet.. He had not been here either except one time when he fixed my driveway.. It has been over 5 years..

I am getting nervous now.. waiting for the POOF !! and post will be lost..

.........jiminwisc.........

Good Dreary Morning All! Only read a few pages and most is already forgotten.
old.gif
So here goes. fm glad your still lurking and things are good!
hugs.gif
Still want to see this years pumpkins! KNA very sound advice hope we can all follow it more closely! A bon fire is always fun to share! CC and others no one has ever seen Peatwo high steppin it through the snow/water and been able to keep a straight face. It's just so dang funny!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
Has me wondering if the short vid you can take with this camera would download on here? Cind sounds like your burning it at both ends. Go take a nap
hugs.gif
tiki didn't read the posts until after..... Glad you found your hen that's pretty weird, did she enjoy the trip to town with momma? Did she get a treat for being a good girl?
gig.gif
FT that's known as the snowball effect, one thing leads to another. I'm very familiar with that! Look for a wet spot on that brake system that'll narrow it down. Might be a wheel cylinder also. Brake repairs are usually a headache. Jodi bet it was entertaining watching them figure each other out.
lol.png
Jim maybe I missed it how much horseradish did you end up with? GOOD STUFF! WCc sounds like a very productive day! Helps you sleep at night huh? Better get movin here had a dream there were 3 eggs in the nests, yup it was a dream.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom