Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Brandislee !!! Don't let Jim fool ya, I know he's trying to butter you up so he has one on his side !!!! We all like to Pick on Jim !!!!! Somebody has to !!!
lau.gif

Jim, NO COMMENT !!
hide.gif
gig.gif

Another beautiful day in Superior... I am just getting up too. Trying to get the yard cleaned up for halloween (We do a movie, coco and popcorn in the backyard for the whole neighborhood) and then a trip to Sam's club for samples then to cub foods for a free apple and cookie. This is how we spend family day when we have no money.

The kids have had enough no parent time, it is time to gather them together to do the chores and get ready for a fun afternoon.

Blessings,
Pastor Ken

Picky, picky, picky, FT
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif
brandislee! We don't mind if you're not from WI. We just enjoy chatting chicken. In fact, we have someone on here from MI, and someone from WA, so feel free to join in.
TO, if that person wants to pay you for caring for her horse all this time, you just might have enough for a healthy chunk of a down payment on that house you want, no?
wink.png
You & Raiq are right on preferring dwarf trees to standards. I guess I bought dwarfs (dwarves?) for a reason. Way easier for harvesting. Just ignore me & my bright ideas.
hide.gif

Quote:
Then tell him & the DS to start putting your pile of scrap wood to good use & stop thinking of it as junk.
hide.gif

Mmmmm....Wish I was closer too, Bigz. I'd love to relieve you of some of those tasty beets. One of my favs! I so need a bigger garden next year.....We were supposed to head up north to close up our cottage this weekend, but you know how that goes. We could have made a pit stop.
big_smile.png

Wow, BBP. That coop & addition are awesome. Great job!
Kris, why retire an old coop & move on to a new one? Fill em both up! Chicken math, ya know.
wink.png

Cind, thanks for posting that info on CWD. Very good info to know.
KNA, sounds like a nice way to spend the day! I hope you all have a great time.
Well, enough slacking. Gotta get outside & finish cleaning out the coop & garage. Got a good start on them yesterday, but never enough hours in a day. Better water the tomatoes out in the greenhouse too.
Have a great day, all!
ETA-Where is justbugged anyway?

Egg salad

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL no problem... I am not a football fan at all. If the circumstances are right I can be bribed into watching a college game, mostly because 1) I'm from Nebraska and it's in our blood, so I can't really turn it ALL the way off, and 2) my cousin plays for Kansas State, so I have to watch him play at least some of the time (it's also my husband's and my alma mater, but that's less of a motivator).

I have a ton to do this morning, too. It's like I can hear the clock ticking on the impending snowfall, and I still need to finish cleaning up and digging compost into my garden and put in some fenceposts before the ground freezes. I also need to frame a wall in the shed for my new coop space, but I figure that can wait a while as I don't have to dig (and I'm still debating on which space to use). Plus I've got a migraine coming on... dang halloween candy!

As relatively locals, I have a question that I've never gotten answered well- how much during the winter do your chickens stay inside? Everyone keeps saying that chickens don't like snow, but that they go outside a lot in the winter. Will they go out as long as I keep the yard scooped?

Quote:
Where????? Any females? What kind?
Dang! I love my DH!!!!! He just told me that if your post goes poof, try pressing Ctrl & Z at the same time. It worked! Awesome!!!!

White bread

Quote:
Where????? Any females? What kind?
Dang! I love my DH!!!!! He just told me that if your post goes poof, try pressing Ctrl & Z at the same time. It worked! Awesome!!!!

White bread

Don't know all the details yet, will find out more later. Are you looking too?????
Hopefully I won't have to try the Control Z !!!!

Wheat Bread

CC) No no, I was just making sure you didn't know a secret I didn't about standard vs dwarf!!!! The standard I have has been here forever and I never seem to be able to get good fruit off it. Ah well. I plan on dwarfs, and I do plan on planting more apple trees than I think I need, cause there are a lot of uses for apples. But now someone just said a bushel=3 gallons of cider. Thats a good yield of cider.

I get my garlic from www.wegrowgarlic.com it's a great family owned company in WI. Once you order, it does take awhile as they do everything themselves, but they will get to you!

I STILL have more applesauce to make and my next day off looks like Tues...sigh. So much canning, so little time.

BCC) Hey, do you have a picture of these "buttercremes"? Sounds gorgeous!
smile.png
Are these standard or bantams tho?

Hey French T, I am all done planting my garlic and have extra if you are interested. Just the cost of postage. One is a hardneck, a porcolain(sorry spelling) varitiy but I can remember which one. It has huge cloves about 5-6 a head. The other is polish white, small cloves but roasted it is our favorite. I was in your same situation a few years ago on ordering and a lot of people are out. Email me your address if you would like it and I will get it sent out to you this week. [email protected]
Jeanette

Bread Pudding

Back
Top Bottom