Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

NO posts again this morning? Oh, nevermind. Jim finally made it.
You're right, FT. It's been like the Twilight Zone around here lately. But summer & fall are busy times of the year for most people. Hopefully we will see more regulars return after the snow starts to fly.
Not quite so beautiful a day around here today. I think I'll work on the rest of my pears today, and the peppers, and the.......Hmmmm.....Guess I'll be busier than I thought.
Have a wonderfully spooky Hallows Eve, all!

Chocolate cake

FT, you have a leak somewhere.. for sure.. look under the truck on the underside of the wheels.. you will see a dark wettish spot on the bottom of the drum.. I am betting it will be the squeaking one.. If not there, then look for that spot all along the brake line..
You have a back-up brake system in case on of them goes out..

CC and anybody else.. I do have 2 peahens.. however I do not know their breed.. One for sure is not a purebreed.. she is pied..
I don't mind if someone gets an India Blue hen before I do, as long as I can snag some purebred I. B. eggs from you..

Sally and I made 12 pints of horseradish yesterday.. DrH, you mentioned tears.. how about that, and taking your breath away.
we started out in the kitchen, soon all the windows and doors were open and the ceiling fans going.. after the first (coarse) grinding, where the fumes were so bad I couldn't get close enough to drop the pieces into the grinder bell..;; we moved outside and I ground the medium and fine batches.. even out there, when the breeze let up, I got socked in the sinuses.. I think I lost 10 pounds of liquid weight through my eyes and nose. a diet I do not recommend..

we seldom get any kids here for Trick or Treat.. the parents take them to town where the houses are closer together and they make a better haul.. or maybe it is because they just never knock.. we set Mom at the door in her rocking chair. with her pure white eye, maybe it scares them away.. either way, I end up with all the mini snickers..

........jiminwisc.........

CC I'm glad you made it "chocolate cake", I was visioning a looong list of puddings coming up.. Now it will be a looong list of cakes..

Last edited:
Wishing trick or treat were today ( except for the rain part) just for ease rather than tomorrow night. Kids are excited... who is not excited when it comes to candy. At least I am not a big sweets fan so wont eat too much of the leftovers. They will go to the work candy jar on my desk and feed my coworkers!

Well have the eggs under teh broody BO. Other girls are picking on her since she is in the favored nest box. Saw her comb was picked on and they must have chased her out so they can lay. besides the pecked comb, not worrying about the eggs because they are warm under the other girls, but if they keep picking on her, guess they get confined in an XL plastic dog kennel in the garage until she lays. Dont know if that helps or is punishment... but it the other option. Trying to prepare the kids for both eventualities... no babies or some... crazy stuff.
At least cleared out the old hay in coop and moved new ones in and around the coop. In winter I use a plug in dog bowl, but might splurge on the plug in tall chicken waterer at F &F.

Quote:
Thanks Jim & Dr Ha for the tips on the brakes. Jim not sure what you mean about the backup on the brakes? Brakes scare me ever since I was driving my Aunts mini van a few years ago when she still had her trailer in Arbor Vitae. We were driving to Walmart (I was driving) and I noticed the petal was real low and they just weren't acting right. I was on a small side road and told her to hang on as I applied pressure real fast to test them out. Still not sure, I told her she needed to have them checked out. Went shopping, got back in the Van and when I applied the brakes, NOTHING !!! Good thing there were no cars in front of me !!! The lines broke by the wheels.

Wish we had a concrete driveway, at least I could look to see any spills of anything that might be leaking plus would be easier and less painful to scoot under there for a look.

Chocolate chips

Don't have time to get caught up at the moment, been busy, busy busy. New woodstove gettting installed on Thursday
wee.gif
so been getting things ready for that.

DH had cardio appt on Monday and they took him off all his meds except his bp meds! Said his heart stuff is GREAT! This coming week he has an appt w/reg doc and MAYBE, just MAYBE they can figure out all the other stuff going on. He seems fine for the most part this week, but refuses to believe that part of what's going on could be related to vitamin deficiency... buy you know men
lau.gif
know it alls that they are!
hide.gif

DH's daughter is now deciding if she really wants to come live with us or not... now thinking she may wait until next summer... kids... sheesh. All because she has a boy she's now interested in... LOL.

Well, off to take care of things around here, so maybe I can relax a little this afternoon.... just wanted to show you my new chicken coop (with any luck next year I'll have a REAL one! lol ) A lady I work with's hubby makes birdhouses and I asked if he could make me a chicken coop, think it turned out cute as can be. Only thing I would change would be slightly bigger chickens, but hey... at this point I'll take what I can get in the chicken dept!

71237_csc_6709.jpg

Have a good day all!
Deb

Whoops! Sorry Doc. Didn't mean to miss you! If you can't get a vid to upload here, you could upload it to YouTube first & post a link to it on here. I can just hear you now, "yeah, right! New-fangled techno @^$*!!!!!!"
rant.gif
lau.gif

Jim is right about the brakes having a backup, FT. When one goes out, the pedal feels like it goes to the floor & scares the willies out of you, but if you keep pushing, the rear brakes should stop you, just not as quickly as you'd like sometimes. It seems like an eternity before the second one engages, but it should. How did you stop in your aunt's minivan? A well placed snowbank?
gig.gif
Slide some cardboard under your truck. If you don't see anything, try gently pushing on the brake once.
Jim, using your mother to scare off the kiddos........Tsk, tsk. So how do you get the candy away from her?
lol.png

Deb, that is one cute birdie house! That barbed wire looks a little menacing, though. Glad to hear DH can get off the meds. Sometimes those are worse than the ailment. As for DD, give it a week.
lau.gif

Cow chips Take that, Jim!
wink.png
gig.gif

dkv That's an adorable chicken coop!
love.gif
Winterised for the winter and everything. I am glad for you and your DH that the doctors report was a good one. Hopefully you can get some answers soon.

FT I hope you get the brake situation figured out. Thats scary. I sometimes have nightmares about driving with no brakes. I always have wierd mares.

My silkie hen got some scrambled eggs when we got home. lol She has done this before. When i first got her as a three month old she walked across the yard from the coop to the house and decided to take a nap at the halfway point. Was all layed out with her neck stretched out. I thought she was dead.
hmm.png

Then last summer she got lost three times, once in the really tall grass behind the coop and up againgst the fence that separates the property, lucky that fence was there.

Another time she was missing when I went to close the coop up and it was getting dark out, I brought my dog out to find her. My dog kept alerting at some chain link fence that was propped up against the shed. But I couldnt find her. Finally, I took my dog's advice and looked all over the area she was alerting,,,,,,,,,,,, finally I looked up and the silkie hen was on the top of the chain link fence smooshed between two panels. She looked dead. She was ok. I mean silkies cant even fly?!
roll.png

Glad nobody's upset now.
smile.png

Last edited:
5531_img_0308.jpg

Here she is on her other trip after escaping from her pen last summer. Lucky I found her when I did because she was heading out into the field again.
hmm.png

I would love to see that video DOC.

Jim I dont think I will be making any horseradish sauce,,,,thanks for the warning! I bet it will be good though homemade.

Last edited:
Packerless Sunday All
hit.gif
.... Good Luck with the brakes FT. Prolly something broke, eh! Darn vehicles always need some attention.

Glad some of you MIA stopped by. Go ahead and stop back soon
thumbsup.gif

I was talking chickens at church today with one of the lady's that has children in 4-H . She has banty RIR and cochins from Duane Urch that she is trying to sell....also I know of someone who has standard RIR for sale also. Sounds like he does well at shows with his strain....seems to me someone was looking for those?

Ton of leaves to rake here....prolly work on that next week.

Country style bbq ribs with baked tatoes and fresh beets for supper, fresh apple pie for desert!

I think I better go do chores, haven't had time yet today. First things first, I guess.

Cow Tounge

bigz

Back
Top Bottom