Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Ducky morning all, raining good here so far today! Not alot of stuff going to get done today outside..... DH will be working inside today-has several projects to finish up.

nice to see that people are checking in, sounds like everyone is super busy,
welcome-byc.gif
to all new peeps joining in always nice to meet new people with chickens on the brain
lau.gif

we are averaging 10 eggs a day here, getting the girls ready to be seperated into breeding pens so that we can get ready for incubation and have our 1st hatch around Jan 1st or 2nd. Have to prep a couple of pens so that we can move birds.

Ducky morning to you too H&R! Man it is pouring here! Dont think I will get too much done outside either. In fact I hate to even go out and feed the masses. I am getting pretty wimpy in my "old age" I guess! I still have to clean out the Chick TV from the quail...it is stinking! Seems like when you turn the light off the smells start coming out...never noticed it when the birds were in there!
I must have the sliding storms mixed up on my window next to me...the rain is dripping to the INSIDE!
tongue.png
GuessI will change that around today too. The window is to the North and I really would hate to see snow piled up in between the panes. If we get a good wind it will happen anyway but I hate to encourage it! Dontcha just love old houses? NOT!

Looks like we will continue with rain tomorrow too...sure am glad I have both days off:rolleyes: I am taking a mental health day (badly needed) on Thursday so it better be nice then! I want to get the garden finished so I dont have to look at it all winter! Of course it is half done and the tomato cages are laying all over the lawn.....cant let it like that all winter!
Well, I think I will take a look and see if there is something around here for breakfast...oh I know, EGGS! LOL--have a great wet, day!
Terri O

good cloudy morning,, no rain, no snow,,YET.. we are in the 1" to 2" of snow prediction zone.. It is so cold I hope we do not get any rain..

DrH , if you have a wide bucket on the ford, that is a lot of counterweight.. better keep the VAC.. I had cultivators for my VAC.. I really liked them because they were in front of the rear wheels where you could see what was going on.. I was never too keen on the tiny hydraulic pump, though.. I fixed it so many times, I could tear mine apart and put it back together blindfolded..

DrH. just break off ezual amounts of teeth and the chain will cut straight again.. I had a skiilsaw carbide blade once that was exceptional.. I cut through a board and put a 3 inch long slot into the concrete floor.. It had several missing teeth.. when I finally decided to retire that blade, it turned out that it was still cutting better than the blade I replaced it with.. It was a Vermont blade..

H&R, I am thinking of starting some chicken eggs extra early this winter, also.. then I will have lots of pullets ready for spring sale..

TO, better go check the bucket under your leaky window..

this morning when I let the birds out, I stood next to the door like I usually do.. the guineas, geese, chickens and turkeys all run right over my feet, but the peahens are still shy.. I just waited and finally one of them came out, and then the baby one came out, put that pied one jumped back up onto the roost..

and yesterday I got the mean (female) cockatiel to eat a cheerio out of my fingers..

I am drinking a day old cuppa.. I don't especially like rewarned coffee.. I will head to the restaurant for some as soon as DD2 gets here.. she comes here 2 days a week to give us a break to get away together, even if it is just for breakfast..

............jiminwisc..........

Good Morning Everyone.

It is cloudy and cold but no snow or rain here yet. I didnt do any last minute projects yesterday so I hope to get caught up on them today. Yesterday I took DS30 to the doctor in the morning and then I raked his back yard for the rest of the daylight hours. He is the type that likes a perfect lawn, whereas I am happy with 3/4 of the leaves raked.
tongue.png
So I did his back yard and think I got every leaf up~looked like a green carpet. We had Birthday cake and ice cream a couple of times. And I went to DQ and bought the kids lunch for a treat. DIL works from home doing insurance claims. . I am gettting DS30 insulation for his garage for a late B-Day present and helping him put it up when he can walk again and get around.

DS30 does a lot of wood projects. Usually gets stuff out of dumpsters or on the side of the road and renovates it to make some really nice things. Then sells it or gives it away. And he used to laugh at me for scrapping. Most of my coop is made from parts I dragged home out of the garbage.
wink.png

Welcome Linn and welcome back Keedo and Robin.
frow.gif
The muskovies are adorable
love.gif
as always. Sorry about the babies your friend carelessly lost.
sad.png

Terri O I hope you have a restful week. Maybe a good book that you can get lost in will help.

Jim have a nice respite morning. Very interesting about the teeth on the chain.

Dr Glad you are ok DrH from being in the woods and cutting those trees. Argh for cutting into the wire. Had to do a double take on kids in jail....weed layers.
lol.png
funny!

I need to switch aroo one of my storms to. H@R if you ever get a chance I would love to see a picture of your set up for the breeder pens. No pressure though.
smile.png

Man--I wish I had the cash to go and get that coop! It is only 30 miles away...darn!

Take a look at what I found in the nest box today...nope, not from the blues...it is either from the wheaten or the NN that seems to be laying blue eggs!
46457_img_4096.jpg

Maybe it is a double yolker? TErri O

ETA: Man, what a crappy pic!!!
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom