Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Cute chow? In your pic...:D

2. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    thanks, I have two, I love chows so much, but they are like pitbulls. You have to train them correctly or they can be nasty dogs

3. Dr HaHa

Dr HaHa Grinning Chicken Lips

Feb 11, 2009
    Nekoosa Wi.
    Good Morning All! Still blowin out there and talking frost tonight. With that warm weather was itchin to get things done outside now not so much. But gonna get dressed for it today. Used up the last of the hog wire and made 5 more mater cages yesterday. Think we have enough now. Hope this wind dies down soon want to get the cold seeds planted. Planting extra dill this year that I got from a good friend of mine. [​IMG] Always seem to run a little short. A lot of hatchin fools out there gonna set eggs for good neighbor Donny tomorrow. Cute baby's everyone! I realize that I was an effeminate lookin child but not that much. That was the pic of Emily, BFF's daughter and her 27" walleye. I see I have to put the plastic back on Cindi's wood stove this morning. You still gonna come and get it Cind? Getting 2-5 eggs a day. Think with the threat of being replaced has them realizing where their headed if they don't. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. unkadan

unkadan Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi folks,

cooler and showers moving through,,have all the materials cut for the "Jim" cage, hope to get it together today,,,,found the hardware I was missing just a trip to Rhinelander to pick it up. then need to get waterer made, got some nipples of eBay for summer use, make a feeder. The 4 wk old chicks need to be in it next week barring any disaster with my incubator those should be hatched by the 1st and I will get them in the brooder.

Amy, do you irrigate your lawn/gardens from the pond? I might have an idea for you, I'll also check with my friend and get the name of the product he uses for algaecide
    pm you when I find out

no comment of the "effeminate looking child"

bbl need to get some watering done in the tunnel

5. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    Morning All!!
    Not much going on here. Girls are good. Lots of drama as usual.
    I have so many eggs I though Id' try my hand at making powered eggs. It looks very simple.
    I also have to clean out the brooder. The meaties are such pigs....

Well, I best be off. The dogs want out...they saw a ground hog yesterday for the very first time and Fred is determined to "catch" it. Of course the fence is a big obstacle in that goal! LOL!!

6. amberflea

amberflea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2010
    Central WI
    Good morning everyone,

I filled up the incubator last night... Doz Black Copper Marans, 4 Penedesenca eggs, one easter egg, 8 guinea eggs and the rest from my Buff Brahma banty hens... Exciting...[​IMG]

My guineas haven't started laying yet.... I got the 8 eggs from my neighbor, who has birds from the same hatch I had last year... so either I'm not finding the nest, or my ginz are a bit slow[​IMG] (Jim, I still have Lavenders from the eggs I got from you several years ago.)

This weekend we raked all the leaves off my flowers and hostas... I was reluctant to do it, but they were sprouting right through, so hope we don't get any hard freezes anymore... [​IMG]

Also went to Menards and bought some inexpensive garden edging fencing to put around my hosta's and lily's around the coop, Last year the guineas ate them as fast as they came up... looks nicer than I anticipated, comes in 8 ft sections... hope it keeps them out.

Later...
    terri

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  7. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Good sunny morning! Kinda windy though for sure. I am also waiting for that wind to slow up a bit too DrH...the last episode it took my plastic off 3/4 of my back porch...then the rain gets in there and it is a MESS! So waiting for a little calm and some help! It is hard to do alone for sure.

Wow, I was so surprised that there was so little to read this morning...makes me sad. Oh Terri--I dont think that edging will keep your birds out of the flowers...just sayin'....in my experience roaming birds and flowers just dont go together at all! Proof positive seeing Jim's gardens yesterday! His chickens were making BIG holes in the peonies. Annie had some cages over some that looked like they would do OK. One time I planted snapdragons, way back in the beginning of chickens...yeah, chickens LOVE snapdragons! I think they were there for about 3 hours! At least with hostas they will keep trying to come up for a while! I think as more things start to grow they might leave them alone too.

Well, off to Madison for me today so I guess I better go out and feed the masses....have to shop for the Creamy pecan pie ingredients for the luch on Friday too. I guess I'd better pick up a few extra pie plates at work too, I think I have 26 for lunch! Sheesh--I hope I dont have to make FOUR pies! I might just go to work and make them Thursdayafternoon so I dont have to transport them...oh yeah, I'd rather not get my kitchen full of "poison" flour either!

Have a fantastic day everyone! Terri O

8. raimnel

raimnel Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry I'm in a hurry, I had to skip EIGHTEEN pages! [​IMG]

TO so what ur saying is, one needs to completely enclose the flower beds with fencing? lol that'll look cute! lol I'm thinking about it, fence around AND over the top! lol dang it I want flowers ya right huh!

anywho, Jim how much do you charge people to hatch their eggs? I got someone who brought eggs over plus she wants some of our eggs in there too. How much do I charge her to incubate them? I have all her eggs in 1 incubator. please PM Jim with the answer, Lord knows I wont ever find it in here lol
    yes I set eggs today, I'm ahead of the foolish hatch by 4 days, but I gotta get her eggs out of the way so I can set my eggs lol these 'bators are gonna be running till the 3rd week in May. whens the bash? [​IMG]
    I gotta get moving, gotta feed critters, and homeschool. next week we are off for spring break and me and the kids are cleaning out the upstairs so we can move the kids up there. wish us luck lol the kids are going up there and getting the boxes cause DH needs to reenforce the steps until then these feet ain't touchin them steps. lol
    anywho later all

9. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it's the third weekend!
    Hey--dont fall through the steps! Broken legs are no fun for anyone! T

10. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    good news, I think I found a local breeder of silver laced wyandottes. He is about 15 miles away and is having a hatch this Friday.
    I reserved 5 in hopes I get 3 females. [​IMG] special thanks to French toast and to mustlove hens, who went out of their way to help me find them, you two are really wonderful people[​IMG]

the wind is brutal, I had to restaple some plastic around the ladies covered run, It is too early to take it off, even though mother nature thought she would give me a hand. Now I have to find my chick stuff.

David

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by