Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Kenosha County. My DH's old stomping grounds. Mine was Racine. Now Forest County.

Anyway, DrHa ET works in a Grinding shop. Go ahead and PM me the list of your stuff. He can look at it and show his boss too !!

Can't believe you cut up an old road sign. I'm looking for some !!!! I want to make some signs to put along the road.
    I need several though

Horse Crossing
    Donkey Crossing
    Dog Crossing
    Stupid Guinea Crossing
    Rooster Crossing
    Chicken Crossing
    Duck Crossing
    Cat Crossing
    Goat Crossing
    Goose & Gander Crossing
    Pot Bellied Pig Crossing
    Did I miss any ???? LOL OMG I have a lot of different critters hey? Can you see why I can't afford to buy signs.

Oh and I'm looking for a 90 degree angle 50:1 1.5 hp motor. My neighbor made a corn crusher/roller and I'd like him to make me one or have DH copy it. I might be able to crush some of my own feed.
    You guys have any connections or things laying around? Or know where I could get one?

Ok, DH just walked in the door. I guess he got his 40 hours in. We have to go to Merrill and get hay at 5:30 PM. Another road trip.

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    amberflea I see you have a malinois! I love those dogs. Wanted to get one but haven't yet. How are they for training?

3. chikenscratch

chikenscratch Chillin' With My Peeps

Strike that, the RIR and BR are 5.5 weeks old, my Red Stars are 4.5 wks old.

4. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    Amberflea, beautiful coops.

5. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Been lurking but had to comment that I love the yellow and green coops. I wish my DH could do a project like that. And Earthlady your more of a woman than I am, I say give me drugs and make it fast and clean it all up before I touch them. Welcome to any new people since my last postings.

Ugh well I have been sick the last few days with fever, horrible cough, and pains oh the pains. Yeah yeah I'm whining. I put my almost 10 yo DD in charge of chicken duty, luckily she stills enjoys it lol I guess the new hasn't worn off yet. So far so good with the eggs in the incubator, DD and I, well DD mostly, I've been supervising, have been turning the eggs 3x's a day. So at what point can I candle and see anything , they eggs are Rouen ducks and Lavender Guineas. DD is super excited about hatching, I told her she can put the camera on them at the end and use upstream so her teacher and friends can watch too. It's weird here we live on the outskirts of a small town and very few people have chickens. But when we lived in the burds of Chicago I knew of more people with chickens. I figured it would be opposite.

Well need to get the inhaler again, ugh I hate not being able to breath. I hope everyone stays warm and healthy.

~ April

6. Dr HaHa

Dr HaHa Grinning Chicken Lips

Feb 11, 2009
    Nekoosa Wi.
    Thanks FT I'll sit down and do a pm soon with the list. The alum signs are blank never been painted brandynewbies. Think there's 3 -2x3' left out there. Just got off the phone with the BFF 45 minutes [​IMG]couple of old wimmin! Told me 0% financing on the mowers [he just bought one] he's such a dink! Gonna call and see what they have in stock. Want one that will interchange parts with the one I have.

7. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Ok... I have to say... All you animal hoarders suck!!!

Now I'm looking at a baby goats for Easter.... I need an intervention! But with the folks on this thread, you guys would set up an intervention and bring animals to it!!!! :p

8. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Oh and I'm picking up 2 duklings tomorrow...!!!

(is there a medication out there for this?!)

9. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    That's what I got, for now. Thanks for the tips, there will prob be a couple 'floaters' in there for a while.

See the vid now EL, bravo! [​IMG] Was he really picking his head up the first day?! Strong boy! You have darling kids. I loveloveloved my homebirth with our 2nd. Of course it hurts, but when you're prepared mentally, that makes a huge positive impact. I so wish we had done the same with our oldest.

BigFam, what is the point of an animal intervention without the animals? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Haaa, I am too! Well, one for sure, but she can't be alone so I have a good lead on a buddy. [​IMG] I am terribly sorry to have to tell you this, but there is no cure. Only mitigating the outbreaks with new acquisitions. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by