Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Amber, did you ever buy guineas from a guy is wausau ?

2. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Oh my goodness! So jealous! Those are both just awesome!!!!! I just love the green one too!

3. chikenscratch

chikenscratch Chillin' With My Peeps

Soggy morning to you all! I haven't gathered everyone's location, but I will have roos available if anyone is interested! I believe the current total is 2 RIR (very friendly and colorful) and at least 1 (maybe 2) BR.

4. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

5. EarthyLady

EarthyLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    southwest wi
    Ok. I must have done something wrong. I was trying to link using my ipod last might. [​IMG] Anyway, try this. LOL

6. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    chicken scratch.. I am near wausau.. where are you?? are the Barred Rocks chicks ? or full grown ??

7. chikenscratch

chikenscratch Chillin' With My Peeps

I am at the border of IL/WI along the lake. The barred rock roos are 4.5 weeks old.

8. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Wow, those are nice !!! I'm jealous ! I have truck campers but I live in Kentuck land so I'm excused right !!! [​IMG]I'm also jealous of your flat land. I live on a ridge so everything has to be built into an incline !!!

9. Dr HaHa

Dr HaHa Grinning Chicken Lips

Feb 11, 2009
    Nekoosa Wi.
    WOW WEE thems some beautiful coops! I see what appears to be a can of Red Bull on the 4 wheeler hmmm. Go Go DH! Did that type of renovation to an old shed that was here, lotsa hours and $ for the silly chickens but their worth it. [​IMG] Better than a dang cat! Bob has decided that my pillow is now his too. EVERYTHING IS HIS! Woke up at 3 something with him purring on top of my head. [​IMG] 12 lbs of purr. Try and move that much dead weight! Claws stickin. EL cuttin back on the grn bean planting this year, gave a ton away and we still have a lot in the freezer. I plant pole beans on a hog wire trellis about 15 ft long gonna plant half beans and half dill on it this year. Will weave the dill into it to keep it upright in a wind storm. It was a good year for cuc's, tomatoes came late and peppers didn't do very well but got enough for freezing/cooking. Had around 40 jars of various pickles. Relish, sweet pickles, dills, and mustard pickles. Love em all! Need more jars! The one remaining jar of dills is going to Ks end of next week for the oldest DD's white coat ceremony. When she was here last fri her and her sister opened a jar of warm dills sitting on the shelf after polishing off one from the fridge. Gave me a chuckle! Just got back from hauling in the alum cans and the copper from the plumbing renovation $114, filled the tank at $3.84/gal think I timed it right this time. Very unusual. AND money left over for....... you guessed it beer!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Wow those are beautiful amberflea!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by