Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I was planning on Neilsville, but Annie has to work Fri night and she won't get home before 10AM Sat.. or is Neilsville on Sunday? I thought it was the same day as Stratford auction..

FT. not a good idea to bury that deep tank.. the geese will splash a lot of water out and then they or the ducks will not be able to climb out.. or a horse could fall in.. or a pig.. or you.. just saying..

2. Cindlady

Cindlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    S.E. WI
    Humm... my first thought was to bury the tank too... but Jim has some good points. Plus it would be harder to empty and clean. How about making some steps in and out? For outside you could use almost anything. Inside how about patio blocks and bricks or cement blocks, that way you could take them out when you need to.

3. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

We did have patio blocks inside and a board on the outside. A very narrow board with wood strips on for grip. It was probably to narrow and to steep for the ducks. Heck I don't know if Runner ducks even like to swim. When we first put the tank in last year we put the ducks in. They swam around and seemed to enjoy it but then when we took them out they could hardly walk.

I've got tons of bricks that I can put inside and build up along the edges so they can get out. I can build up with either bricks or rocks or both on the outside and top that with dirt/sand so they can walk up to it.
    Either way I need to move it.
    Oh boy, I'm knodding off. I got up for a potty break, time for bed again !!!

4. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    WCC, CC, TO

I only want the Pullet chicks out of the Lavender Orps !! [​IMG]

5. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    LOL, no not looking for that many dogs! Our house guest(friends dog that they are fostering) isn't working out. So we are looking again but of course each has their own idea of what we should adopt. :rolleyes: Of course we have rain here currently and the guest dog has storm anxiety so she woke me up....:/

6. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Bury it but leave a foot above ground. surround it with rock and place rock on inside to make a ladder out of it..... my friends did this and added like a garden around it . was pleasant to sit at in the afternoon with drink

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  7. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Well hi IamSamSam! Welcome to the awesomest thread on BYC! Your name gets shortened on here, so I have a feeling you will become ISS or Sam. How many chickies do you have?

8. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    good rainy morning everyone, hope all is well. suprisingly the dogs went for their walks without complaints, I was hoping they would turn around but they didn't seem to mind. Today i think I will call the chick guy late afternoon and set up a time. I need to read up on introducing the chicks when they are older to the flock. i have only gone to one animal swap near Appleton. Would like to go to the Neilsville one some day as well as the auction. Dangerous for me I always wanted minature donkeys, no way could have them here.

have a good day, stay dry

9. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    how are you going to clean the sub terranian tank? You do know that when a duck gets into water, the first thing it does is poop..

raining here a little.. surprised it isn't snow..

10. unkadan

unkadan Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by