Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    I did email them, haven't heard anything yet. I will have my bator open, and can borrow the egg turner from Kristi. I have to wait another few weeks to set any Jaerhon eggs, as I have a silkie rooster who is going one way or another.. dinner OR the humane society...And I had to chuck my half silkie roo into that pen as I had to move one of my serama roos in to my mixed bantam pen, he and my other serama roo decided to start fighting.
    Anyway.. I can pick up a dozen and set them if anyone is interested. I am NOT interested in keeping any. I have my Marans, Jaerhons, bantams, and Seramas.. as well as the other assorted large breed hens I have.

2. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis

If you get a response Carol, I would be greatly interested in a dozen eggs, after you of course. I e-mailed too, so I guess we wait & see. [​IMG] My bator is currently empty too, but I can hear it calling................. [​IMG]

3. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

4. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

5. WIChookchick

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    CC,
    I just emailed him, he responded to me, I put in an order for a dozen or so eggs for hatching. I will tell him to that he should expect one from you too! If I or TO can get them, do you want to meet? Let me know, he only has about "3-6 hens"... so is it 3 or 6 ... LOL I kinda wonder.

6. WIChookchick

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    So.. FT, if I can get these eggs, and get them hatched... I know.. counting chickens before they are hatched.. tee hee ( I made a funny!!) How many should I send up with TO for the Bash,
    We are planning on coming up just for the day on Saturday so that i can do TO's evening feed and turn in of critters!

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I found the answer to the garlic question in a good book by Barbara Damrosch. The name of the book is The Garden Primer. 1988 pg 260..'"....It is planted in early spring in the north, fall or winter elsewhere.......sometimes garlic is overwintered in the north....'"

Yeay It is raining. We need it!!!! Sounds like a good soaker too.

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] Glad CC and FT said it and not me!! [​IMG]

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Those are the nice Lavender Orps if they havve blood lines from Hinkjc!!!!! Go to their website and drool. lol If I was to get lav orps that is what I would want.

Yeah that darn Neillsville thing just snuck up on me! Darn it!

10. WIChookchick

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    I am going to a consignment auction on Sunday, there is a cute little coop there that's been consigned. I am hoping to get it for a good price.. it will probably no sale with my luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by