Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    EarthyLady, you had a homebirth too?! Would love to see the vid you put together. [​IMG]

polla, I am very near you if I remember right. If you have some eggs, I have a bator. [​IMG]

2. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Hey All,
    I was able to read stuff last night but was not able to post as my passwords and stuff are on my home laptop.
    My friend is doing fine, resting comfy and at home with his meds, he has housemates who will look after him. I am
    going back on saturday to take his surgery dressing off and help him a little as he showers. Mostly keeping my head turned away while I turn the water on and off and washing his hair for him...
    I may buy him an old towel just to wear while he sits on a shower chair, so I won't have to ... well you know...
    And then help him towel off and get dressed...
    I had to help him after both of his hernia surgeries so there isn't much left to the imagination.. And I used to bathe and clothe mentally challenged men way back in my youth.

Anyway, I found this and I emailed them, they are in Jefferson AND may have chicks available soon.
    I know Kristi P wanted more hatching eggs.. so I emailed them.
    http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/2929510544.html
    Hatching Eggs - $15 (Jefferson)

Date: 2012-03-29, 3:56PM CDT
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Lavender (Self Blue) Orpington Hatching Eggs. Newer Color Orpington. My small flock came from a breeder in southern Illinios. These birds are originally from the Hink-JC blood line. The Lavender gene is different from the blue genetics in that it should produce consistant lavender color in all the offspring. The Lavender Orpington is a large docile bird that lay brown eggs.
    The pictures are some of my birds with other breeds I have. They have been penned seperately for the last month to ensure no cross breeding with the Lavender Orpingtons. Buyers will receive a copy of my Wisconsin Tested Flock Certificate. Chicks may be available, eggs in incubator now! Orpingtons Hatching Eggs are $15.00 per dozen.

Americana eggs available. Mixed hens with Blue Americana rooster $10.00 per dozen.
    Blue Copper Marans hatching eggs in near future. Contact for more info.

Eggs are pick up only. I will not mail eggs.

3. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

Sometimes things are best left to the imagination !!! [​IMG]Smart girl, keep your eyes closed !!! [​IMG]

That's not a bad price for those eggs, to bad I'm not closer !!!

4. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    I keep forgetting to Welcome our Newbie! So Welcome new person! Sorry I can't remember you screen name!!!

To Marg's DD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Ok back to the Hunger Games......

5. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
  6. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
  7. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI

It said Sheldon, WI....

Quick mapquest it!

8. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    cute, I hate when they give them away, some could be used as bait dogs.

I just got back from the chicken seminar, I learned a few things, MLH husband was so entertaining and educational. I am a teacher so that is high praise. The seminar was good, crowded, I learned about how to introduce the new chicks. A friend went with me and won a feeder block. He doesn't have chickens so I got it, LOL, I bought some Nutrena Chick feed and some sav-a-chick,
    Got the brooder set up and temperature where it should be. Can't wait till Saturday. I wonder if I should call him tomorrow, or wait till Saturday. I gave him my number but I am impatient .

9. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Happy Birthday to MxM's daughter! Too Late! I already have the creeping crud...... [​IMG]

EL, welcome to the homebirth club! No videos of mine; the last thing I need is my kids pulling it out to show their friends!

MLH, Ha! You will have to let me know what you think!

As far as the 70's, I think you two had my mom for a parent..... except she carried it on into the 80's.....

I would LOVE to see 70* temps again though....

Back to the sickbed..... lurking....

10. unkadan

unkadan Chillin' With My Peeps

bait dogs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by