Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

2. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

3. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Amyable,
    I can get YOU some Jaerhons now or hatching eggs in a few weeks if you need any!!. Just thought I would offer.

Horse Crossing

Donkey Crossing
    http://http://www.signs-etcetera.com/AnimalCrossingSigns.html
    They also have critter and dolphin crossing, I think most
    of the other types you are looking for too!!
    Dog Crossing

Stupid Guinea Crossing
    http://www.guineafowl.com/signs.html
    You can add Stupid to it!!
    Rooster Crossing
    http://www.eggcartons.com/Home/Poultry-Crossing-Signs/SIGN-X-GUINEA.html
    They also have chicken, duck, goose...
    Chicken Crossing

Duck Crossing

Cat Crossing

Goat Crossing

Goose & Gander Crossing

Pot Bellied Pig Crossing

I need one that reads tarantula crossing and parakeet
    crossing!!

TO needs one that reads "You name it, I got it!"crossing sign!!
    Like "3 college age kids"Xing

4. WIChookchick

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Oh and To had her 3000th post on the other page!!!

5. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    [​IMG] [​IMG] So does FT!

1 person likes this.
  6. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    Soggy evening everyone,

making homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Just got off the phone with the chick guy. He misfigured the hatch today, It isn't. It is going to be tomorrow so I have to wait another day. oh the frustration. [​IMG] I am thinking of getting 6 chicks instead of the original 3 I was going to get. Just in case if I get some males. Have a good night.

7. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis

I will have to try & remember that. [​IMG] ya know. I have 2 trees, which the deer devastated the last 2 years in a row, [​IMG] and DH planted 9 bushes last year. I've never tried any of them yet, so hopefully this season we will see if they are any good.

And congrats Terri on the post 3000! Man, you talk a lot! [​IMG]

8. WIChookchick

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    [​IMG]

9. WIChookchick

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    My friend Stan has a tree expert next door, and they used soap tied to the trees, and it has kept the deer away from their trees, Stan tried it this last winter and it seems to have worked great.

10. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Gee I wonder if they used Irish Spring? Dial? Jergens? What kind DONT the deer like? [​IMG] THanks for noticing my 3000 post guys! I didnt even see that....[​IMG] It was a sad night doing chores...I lost 3 quail and I have one inside under a light. Dont know if she will make it...I guess the short fill they got in food yesterday combined with the temps/rain and the late-ish feeding they got today did them in. Sad for sure...I still have LOTS but it is sad that I lost the only white one that I had. [​IMG] I was hoping to have some from her hatch this year...

Good luck everyone on the hatching this weekend! We didnt call it the Foolish Hatch for nothing FT! We are all foolish for spending all this $$$ on birds! (But isnt it FUN?) Yes David you are now in with the "chicken obsessed" the math is working well on you!
    Jim, THREE HUNDRED GUINEAS??? Did I read that right? That is a bunch of guineas! Good thing you dont keep them all 'eh? I think you might be sleeping out in one of your coops...or down in the little hatching room!
    THanks for the links on the signe Carol--I sure wish the nice ones didnt cost so much! SHEESH--I need two of each so the traffic both ways see them! Especially the college students crossing ones! They all park across the street for those of you not in the know....I dont know what we will do when the people build their house to match the driveway....it will be a sad day in Oppyland for sure! We will have to make a bigger driveway!

Tomatillo soup for dinner on this rainy day...it smells spicy so that will be good...warm up the old bones! THen the meeting for Sustain Jefferson. Should be interesting anyhow! Later--maybe! Terri O

(PS) Here is a pic of Eli the Checkerboard Roo
    [​IMG]

ANd another...
    [​IMG]

Yes...the Christmas balls are STILL on the table! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by