Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi folks,

almost 3hrs without a post here,,,,figured I would revive the thread!

harrowed the gardens for the 1st time, pickup the seed potatoes on Monday, seeded another area down to some oats (good fast spring cover), turned and watered the compost pile with the chicken bedding,,,,dang that is some hot working stuff

Ended up with 12 chicks from the 1st hatch, cleaned the 'bator (Ugg that was a stinking thang), almost done with that grow out cage

back to work,,,nice sunny day

tiki...yes, don't take any cr@p from them about this. As a renter you have a right to a safe environment and mold is not safe. They are getting off cheap and easy with you doing the repair. The little bit it cost to run the dehumidifier would probably be less than if you called a building inspector and reported the issue!

Selling another rooster today!
ya.gif

tiki, do you have two electric meters on your house? I doubt it.. then they are not paying for that electricity.. unless there is an extension cord from their house to yours.. again, I doubt that..

I cannot imagine why they do not want you to run a de-humidifier..

Kils is a good paint to get for mold.. I think Menard's has it..

Good late afternooon! I got the mink cage revamped as far as I could today...along with laundry and other tasks. Tomorrow I go and get the stuff to finish it and then I can get the right roos with the right hens at last! I just checked the incubator with the new thermometer and it said 109! EEEK!
ep.gif
I didnt even think it could go up that high! I got another chick out of the other one, Put it in the chick TV and the others were picking on it so bad...I put it back in the bator...maybe it can get stronger and be OK.

I noticed some neat things outside while wandering around today...the ferns....

The pear tree was gorgeous:

I dont know what happened but the post messed up for the second time today...here is the other shot of the pear tree:

THe white against the blue sky was really neat.

Here are the shots I got of the available roosters.

Eli's Dad.

Not sure what this white one was...I thought it was a hen for the longest time. Here is one just for DrH...I think this is the Dad of your boy:

Ok--now I have to go and get the dinner going...LOL! Guess what we are having? CHICKEN! Later guys! Terri O

Nice pics Terri! I love your pear tree. Mine are all abloom too, as are the plum trees. And tomorrow night we are going to get a freeze!
barnie.gif
somad.gif
he.gif
And frost tonight.

Nice Day From Here To All.....busy one at that. Butchered 3 year old buck roo's today. Time for them to go to the freezer. Nice birds, dressed at 6lbs without the necks and giblets...future roasts or soup.

Yep, a seperate feeder for oyster shells frenchie....mine have been eating alot, and the egg shells are nice and hard and good texture. Two more eggs from the 7 year old brahmas today......along that thought, I think the feed they eat is worth their keep....hands down. Backyard flocks aren't money makers with any breed. Enjoy the magestic ones as long as you are working a flock. They will please you.

Nice pics terri...

I've seen videos of yotes killing adult deer......not easy to watch for sure...prolly find something on u-tube.

bigz

I got out and got most of the back side of the herb garden weeded today. The soil is nice and soft and aerated now. It hadn't been worked in several years! Hopefully I'll plant in it soon. I stopped by a local chicken farmers today and ask to borrow some chicken crates to take those hens out to butcher this weekend. So that's done now too. It's been a lot of work getting this all organized. It's been a learning tool for sure. I'll do things a bit differently next time.

Last edited:
quick question.

when the people list that they crossed this chicken with that chicken, it the roo or hen listed first?

TO. nice roos, but I would probably eat them after a year or so...I guess that takes me out of getting a rooster from you. Thanks anyway.

Evening! Looks like everyone has been keeping busy... Kids are on spring break this week and we have been working on getting another unit ready...this one needed a paint job and some elbow grease for cleaning- especially the stove, not sure why the stove is so hard to keep clean :rolleyes:

Hopefully we don't get to chilly as our apple, pear and cherry tress are blooming, still watching the one and hoping that it survived the winter!

Mazojoe- we have extra cockerals that are welsummers and are about 3 months old now- not sure how old you are thinking about or if you want older?

Back
Top Bottom