Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Good evening...I am toying with the idea of bringing the torts in. I may doit when I go to lock the horses in. they have been very sassy tonight! I was on the phone with Carol while I was trying to get them in. Sheesh--I'd get two in and then try for the rest then the others would run out! Or one in 3 out....and so on!
    I lost one of my chipmunk chicks today. She was looking poorly last night already...was dead when I got back from work today :( The others are fine...perhaps she had something going on inside...her feet looked kind of dried out. No idea...
    Well the movie is done...gotta get dogs in and feed cats! Nighties! Terri O

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Too bad BBP. If it wasn't moving, I bet it was long passed. Don't be hard on yourself. [​IMG]

Big news this week, drum roll................................Ethan is riding his bike with NO training wheels!! He's uber-proud of himself, learned it in just 2 or 3 days. I wonder how long before he's trying wheelies or jumping off the bridge? Speaking of that, Cartman face-planted himself in the creek today. Not the first time, nor the last. The kid is drawn to hazards. Boys! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  3. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Yes very slow reading today. I"ve been busy reading up on pumpkin farming. And transplanting lilacs. I know of a few nice patches of old lilacs that I would love to dig some shoots off of.

CC Tell the DH (tommy look a like) Happy Birthday from me !!! [​IMG]

BBP How sad but like Amyable said don't be to hard on yourself. It hurt you more then it hurt the chick, if it wasn't already gone.[​IMG]

Does any of you young ones have girls other then KrisptiP and Bl4 ?

Bf4m, I have no idea what you were talking about with your comment on the lavender zinnias other then you want me to do all of the labor and then bring you fresh cut flowers to the bash !!! What was that gibberish you typed after that ???? [​IMG]

Sorry all but it has been requested by Jim and Bl4 for me not to "Quote" anybody any body any more. They said I take up to much space and they have to scroll down to much. So there you have it. If none of you know what the heck I'm talking about, it's there fault !! [​IMG]

Amyable, how cute, congrats to Ethan. He can ride without training wheels !!! Cool. Now the important part. Can he ride in a straight line and can he stop ??? Get the bandaid box out, just in case !!! [​IMG]

Ok I've got a sudden attack of CRS so that's all folks !!! For now anyway !!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  4. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Hey All,
    I got the call today from the nice man in Jefferson who has the lav orp eggs. I am picked them up tomorrow.
    He also said he will have a few chick available in a few weeks.
    So I will put all of the eggs in the incubator. I should have a nice number of chicks for the Bash.
    I will pick up the lav orp chicks too.
    Hope this helps
    carol

5. Cindlady

Cindlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    S.E. WI
    Quoting isn't bad, but you don't always have to quote the whole post.... just the important parts!

One of those "off" days today... not good, not bad, but the gears just didn't seem to mesh right. [​IMG]

The new girl is doing fine, didn't leave the coop yet but no one seems to notice her either (except the roos! [​IMG]) so I guess that's good. I kicked Roadrunner out of the hospital room. Carried her all the way to the coop and put her on the roost. Then I noticed she ripped out a toenail and it was bleeding! [​IMG]I went to get something to stop the bleeding and when I got back there was blood all over her and the roost [​IMG]She's OK now, I didn't get all the blood off her though. When I closed up she made it to the top roost so I guess she'll be OK. I don't know, she seems deathly afraid of the roosters. I'll have to keep an eye on her and make sure she gets off the roost and eats. She's a small Leghorn so most everyone is bigger than her.

Well, stuff to do, then bed... night all!

6. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  7. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    FT- I have a daughter and she can mix it up just as well as her brothers ;)

Thanks- CC ! How's the peacock doing for your sister? Our boy sure loves to work on his call ;) and his parnter in crime works on hers too!

Well the 30 day quarantine for DH's red golden Pheasent is almost up and then he can be added to the avairy - for simplicity he's called Golden Eye II We'll probably hang some type of netting by the door to stop any more escapes!

Good luck to everyone still hatching, our bator is turned off for now until we are able to make the final cuts on the young chickens the kids will hold for fair. Also need to do some pen cleaning and probably will have to increase the area of the turkey pen- they are getting bigger and heavier! Hoping to get this stuff done Sat. and the house ready for Easter , we are hosting both sides, my parents are coming so we will get to see my mom, wasn't able to when she was in the hospital as we had colds and flu going through our house :/

TO- how's your mom? Better I hope and also anyone else who mentioned parents being sick!

Have a good one!

8. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    Amyale...that is great...can i ask how old ethan is? We are going to work this summer with the twins but they have friends that are younger who can do two wheels and friends older who can't. I am just curious

9. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    My 5 yr old daugther broke a training wheel the other day so she has no choice but to learn to ride without them. So far she hasn't tried too hard.

10. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI

LOL... That made me giggle! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by