Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I am not ready for this weekend or the next yet! Too much stuff to do in order to get ready!!!!!

We'll be traveling to Indy for the 500 this coming weekend, then a week to wash laundry and re-pack for the bash. So much to do, so little help!

good morning, yet.. I just came in to get my drill, and then decided to check in.

I have a couple of post holes drilled, got the first rail cut to length and the parts for the first corner post cut,,

humid out there,, might have to switch to short pants..

the main reason chickens drown is because they panic.. they can swim, but prefer not to..
and like TerriO said, they need some sort of ramp to climb out of the water,, I provide a ramp for young ducks (when I have ducks, that is)..

....jimgoingbackouttosetsomeposts.....

Its was my lemon blue bantam cochin hen that drowned. I just took the ramp down that the ducks use to climb in so now they'll have to fly in to swim. Hopefully the chickens wont try to jump in there. They have plenty of other sources of water. Someone dumped her 5 call ducks off here last night. I thought I could just keep the ones I wanted and sell the rest. Well, I don't want to keep any of them. So I listed them on Craigslist and a Facebook page. I am honestly disappointed that nobody has claimed them yet. I know it's been less than 24 hours, but I have to have these guys gone before the bash. I'm also selling the rooster and one of the hens out of my lavender orpington pen so that I can put all of my meat birds and turkeys in there while I am gone. Right now they sleep in a little house and free range all day. That won't work if I'm not here, and in a couple more weeks they won't fit in that house!

Here is the snowy pair that she brought. Look at those bills! I love the coloring on the hen, but I'm working for better quality in my birds so she won't do.

They couldn't believe the bill on this little girl. I had to explain to them that this was a show quality hen (before her sex change).

Last edited:
16 pages! No Way! Sorry! Trip was uneventful, I like them that way! Except for 11 hours down and 10 back. Des Moines was bad for construction southbound. Now I have a new meaning for DD either Doctor Daughter or Daughter Doctor. Maybe DDD Darling Doctor Daughter or..... I like that! So very proud of her, what a lot of very hard work! BBP sorry to hear about your loss! TO sounds like you and DH are busy, keeps ya out of trouble.
wink.png
Planted corn and some spinach this AM, had L stop in her travels today to pick up some eatin cuke seeds and some grn pep plants for salads. Once I get those in then I'll be done plantin.
hide.gif
Dug the mower out of the shed and put the battery back in and mowed before the dandelions went to seed. Cind, Kissy stuck to me like glue this morning and Toby would keep coming back for reassurance that I was still here. Poor spoiled brats. Put the first cup of coffee in the nuker this morning and something caught my eye, looked up and here was Toby sleeping on TOP on the Norge! Going to have to hide B'day, Xmas presents at someone elses house.
roll.png
Taz was also very happy to see me and even demanded attention and fresh grass this morning. That placated her. Had youngest DD stay here and watch the kids. She can stay here anytime! Found and big tin foil package full of great vegies made on the grill and the house was cleaned even better than we left it, which was dang clean. Peatwo missed me too! What a boy! DDD and the SIL are heading back to Ga. tomorrow hope ther place is OK with all the flooding going on there. The weather looks better than it did for their travel. Thinkin a nap would feel pretty good right about now.

Nic Evening To Everyone....Great to hear you had a safe trip Doc. I prefer going North if i have to go anywhere.

Sure was a dandy day today...Church this morning and then a lazy leinies day...I shoulda started planting today but decided I needed another day of rest. It really amazes me how much I love doing nothing. I work hard when i do...i just don't want to make a habit of it.

Raised the light in the brooder today...sure are growing fast now. They are so cute when they are little.

Hope everything is good by you CC...we worry you know.

The skeets are bad tonight...had to close the open doors just now.

Time to go lockup the coops.

Wow it's Monday tomorrow....it was just friday i thought

Be Safe.... bigz

Back
Top Bottom