Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Ang my 13 yr old DD will be there, so no worries!
big_smile.png

As far as bators go; I have one of the cheepo styro ones you get at Fleet. I added my own fan and splurged on the turner. I have had very good hatch rates, but I am an OCD scientist so I like to keep things exactly the way they should be for hatching.

Afternoon To All...Jim, You are only a hour from me....I'll come and pick you up if the Blazer is a no..go...I'll open the gate at Camp and come and get you and your stuff...I don't want to hear no, that I can't help....please and thank-you...It wouldn't be the same without you. Let's make it happen again.

bigz

Way off topic...Do hens usually start moulting this time of year> Trying to figure out if its all the lovin' from the roos or if the hens are starting to moult!!
(I am getting ready to order aprons for their backs as I have so many that are bare-and sad to say they almost all need one-got me to thinking maybe they are starting to moult) 2 roos to 21 hens right now and 4 more hens growing up. geez boys
Judi, I have someone that really wants a pair of lavender orpingtons. I told her she could buy my rooster, but now I need him longer. She is willing to wait, but if for some reason you decide to get rid of pikachu, let me know. They would be a great home.

hang on to your hats everyone, here come the storms!
hide.gif

This is my littles' first storm in the big girl coop. Hope the ladies calm attitude helps them out.

Speaking of rooster spurs - do any of you take them off or file them down? I've been reading about the various methods and I'm wondering what you all do.
idunno.gif
I caught a spur from a mad rooster once - don't want to ever do that again!

We now have a severe thunderstorm warning around here. Good thing I did the trimming this morning!

My two roos don't have their spurs in yet-soon though-they have about 1.5 inch stubs. The roos are about 13 months old
Being that age, I'd hazard a guess & say the boys are young and over-rambunctious, and that might be what is causing your girls to lose their feathers. I put saddles on most of my hens first thing in spring to try to avoid it.

BBP, I have some lav chicks that might be roos. I can bring them to the bash if you want.

Fingers crossed here too, Jim.
fl.gif

Ugh BBP! I just went out and the boys are fighting again....Peekachu is finally standing up for himself again. He is such a sweetheart and I pick him up carry him around etc. But would rather find a home for one or both before there are any issues. Can I let you know by this weekend?

Mel: Cool Meghann thought you had a daughter close to her age!!!

Jim I agree-it would seem wrong if you werent at the bash!

Hope everyone stays safe through the storms coming.

Off to make spaghetti pizza

Back
Top Bottom