Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Chickens are happy today tearing up the yard.

Del-Do you remember that we talked about how I could arrange a way for the hens to get in and out on their own? I moved the ramp from the inside of the coop to the door that goes to the upper coop. This way when I open that door and put in the ramp the hens can come out, but so far the rabbit haven't. I know at least one rabbit can jump that high, but hopefully they'll not decide to escape.

DH is on vacation this week and so far is continuing to work on the garage. Today he installed shelving above his work bench, yesterday he installed insulation and paneling behind the work bench. It almost seems like he wants work to do???????? Let me think.....projects, projects???? Ah rabbit hutch, shed for kids toys & bikes, shed for garden items, trellises for the garden, a new kitchen sink faucet, fix the float valve in the upstairs bathroom, paint the kitchen and any other room, replace the filter in the fridge, should I go on? But at least he has started and the garage is a fantastic place to start. He always says its too cold or hot in there during the summer or winter and it was a mess before my dad moved his stuff in there to store, but now it's packed.

DD13 leaves for Maryland Thursday until March 30th and the younger two go to their mom's in Grayslake for the same time. I am also on vacation during this time frame. Happier news is my dad said that he'd be gone the weekend of March 28-30th (if the weather cooperates)! DH and I will have the time to ourselves for a weekend.

Gonna log off for now!

Chickens are happy today tearing up the yard.

Del-Do you remember that we talked about how I could arrange a way for the hens to get in and out on their own? I moved the ramp from the inside of the coop to the door that goes to the upper coop. This way when I open that door and put in the ramp the hens can come out, but so far the rabbit haven't. I know at least one rabbit can jump that high, but hopefully they'll not decide to escape.

DH is on vacation this week and so far is continuing to work on the garage. Today he installed shelving above his work bench, yesterday he installed insulation and paneling behind the work bench. It almost seems like he wants work to do???????? Let me think.....projects, projects???? Ah rabbit hutch, shed for kids toys & bikes, shed for garden items, trellises for the garden, a new kitchen sink faucet, fix the float valve in the upstairs bathroom, paint the kitchen and any other room, replace the filter in the fridge, should I go on? But at least he has started and the garage is a fantastic place to start. He always says its too cold or hot in there during the summer or winter and it was a mess before my dad moved his stuff in there to store, but now it's packed.

DD13 leaves for Maryland Thursday until March 30th and the younger two go to their mom's in Grayslake for the same time. I am also on vacation during this time frame. Happier news is my dad said that he'd be gone the weekend of March 28-30th (if the weather cooperates)! DH and I will have the time to ourselves for a weekend.

Gonna log off for now!
I am glad the chickens can get out and the rabbits stay safe. it will be nice to have a hutch for them.

Have fun with your DH while you can..privacy is a premium at your house....

Well you miss a couple of days and there is a whole lot of reading to do...

Thanks for the happy anniversary wishes... I know 26 seems odd to celebrate as lavishly as we did, but last year I tripped on the ice and had a subdural hematoma and spent my 25th letting him shave the rest of my hair off, after I unwisely told the doctor to just shave the half they were operating on... Obviously I was not thinking clearly a Donald Trump comb over OMG

TO I will keep you in mind if I have extra seedlings....Roosters, OMG you still feeding those bums? No luck with Craigslist, bummer. Naughty neighbor too.

All you people not liking Madison, ha ha there are a couple of nice people here but the world is a changing. Sometimes can be dangerous to admit you are from here.

Delish was very smart move on the pup... sometimes we let the guys rule cause we have a bigger plan in store. A sweet lovable pup is a sweet lovable pup.

Jim, glad to see you are getting around and almost following doctors orders, I am sure the little boy in Stevens Point will have much enjoyment from his new friend, Was nice of you to make the journey.

Well time for the Voice... Night all

CS, I cannot see your picture.
hmm.png

No news here.

SSDD.

Well incubator is going along well. I am collecting to fill my home made one next. I have nearly a dozen so far and another one of my 4 Speckled Sussex just started laying finally after being on strike since early October. The SS egg we retrieved today was so huge I had to take a photo to share. I've been getting at least one egg a day out of that coop for the past 4 days so fingers are crossed they will continue. The BLRW and Americanas are laying sporadically during the week and I'm sure it's because of this weather. Hope soon it will stable off to keep the girls laying. I'm getting some new pullet eggs from my Banty/mix coop but haven't identified yet who's the gal laying what. I know 2 of them are my SSxSilkie/Cochin hens born Aug 12 for sure. The BO/Maran/LavSplit coop hasn't been laying all week for some reason they went back on strike. As soon as this snow is melts some I plan on putting them in breeding pens using the old rabbit hutch I built last fall. I'm down to just one rabbit which has been running loose most of the winter due to escaping her cage by chewing a hole in her nest box, give away the last one a week ago to my daughters roomie who wanted to make a house rabbit of her. I see the loose one every morning under my hay trailer eating the bits dropped from the kids feeding the horses and she's looking well off.
My 15yr old son now has a job at a farm a few miles away milking cows at 5am so I'm getting fresh milk a few gallons a week. Boy did I ever miss having fresh milk when we used to have our farm. Also lucky as me and him are the only ones in the house that will drink it, for some reason they think it has poo and such in it and I explain it's filtered out but can't convince them it's good. Oh well more for me.
I'm not looking forward to the 6 inches of snow they are calling for us. I looked out a bit ago and see we already have about a half inch on the porch. Icky, I was liking seeing the grass in my yard. The one downfall is my 1/4 mile long driveway that always turns into a mud hole every spring. Usually it's a few weeks of spring we can't even drive down it, not sure how I'm going to get the baby to the vehicle when it happens, I guess I'll deal with it when the time comes. 4 years ago it was so bad we had to use a truck hood pulled by my horse to get the groceries back to the house, nothing like living in the old days sometimes around here.

Anellia is growing like a weed, she goes for her 4 month check up next week and I'm sure she weighs 15lbs or better. Grandma is feeding her well. She still is fussy and cries about half of the day, at least the other half when she's not sleeping she's smiley. Yesterday I got her to giggle for the first time but can't seem to get her to do it again.

Jim I really hope Bo is not causing you too much distress in your life. I am really thankful that you give him a better place to live than where he was!

Well here's the egg picture. In case you can't read the eggs. The 5 smaller on the left are out of my Banty and Dotte&Orp cross pullet coop. The next 2 are the huge SS and below Americana. 2 on right are BLRW. I'm sure the SS is a double yoker at least, looks like it could be a duck or goose egg.

It was so nice today.. I took Bo for a walk on the leash.. can't trust him to stay on the yard yet..
Puppy tagged along and before long the two of them were rolling around with each other in the snow and playing like two puppies.. not even a fake growl from either one..

Bo came out of it even whiter with his snow bath .. at only 10 months, he is bigger than Puppy is at almost 3 years old..

Bo is great on the leash.. No pulling.. leads well .. the walk and the wrestling did him a world of good.. he was so settled down when I tied him back at his coop..

Once I am sure he will leave the chickens alone, I will give him a little more freedom..

.........jiminwisc.......

Thanks for the heads up on the sap situation CS! I think I will tap tomorrow or Thursday.
Our Corned beef and cabbage was phenomenal tonight as always...I just LOVE that stuff! I invited the kids and 2 friends but it was just DH and myself after all--their loss! Red flannel hash in the week to come.
Oh my...I need to head out to lock up and then to bed!
Have a good night! TerriO

Back
Top Bottom