Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Jim, this pen was just for 'fill in' eggs. I have one more breeder pen to set up with Brahmas and those are what I need to incubate for orders. The 'egg eater' pen is a project so I was just going to add those eggs to fill the incubator.
How many days do the hens stay fertile? Only 3? Maybe I can crate him at night and let him out after I collect eggs?
I think you could take him out for a week with no drop in fertility..
I like your idea of removing him each night, better..

who knows, ? maybe abstainance might break him..

This is just disgusting.

White Morning To All....yep...same GOOD LUCK to you huntress. I'll be hunting prolly no matter what. I have a busy week otherwise, and would like to get lucky right away wed.
I agree that the hens will be fertile for 10 days after the roo is removed....you are prolly good to go with just collecting eggs....depending how many you need.

I voted for #24 too...that's just wrong voting for Jeff Gordon (race car guy) LOL! Good Luck sclark.

Sure is pretty awful looking outside again....I hate white and will never have a white vehicle...ever.

Venzun roast with fresh carrots and red spuds in the dutch oven...wth....should be grilling ...not more comfort food. Didn't we just live on that for the past 5 months?

Cabin Fever Yet.... bigz

I know a couple people here have hovabators. Are your temp displays pretty accurate? I had a genesis 1588- always had good luck hatching our EEs, probably a 90% hatch rate. We bought a second one for hatching, and stuck a thermometer in there. That one was WAY off on both temp and humidity- 4 to 5 degrees off. Is that normal that there would be such a discrepancy between two identical bators?

I can't comment on the brand of incubators...however fertility is one thing you have going for you with 90% success rate....it can be frustrating if your roo's aren't doing their job...off topic I know...just bored today with the snow and winter hanging on. Nothing worse than a bator full of clears after 10 days...

I'm a brinsea fan..I believe what it tells me...sorry I can't help.

Ah easter strikes... one of my kids friends parents called asking if we would take the 3 week old chicks they picked up from the hardware store because they were so cute. they think they take too much time to take care of? These are easy pets... guess some are not ready for a commitment! I know lots of people adopt bunnies and chicks around easter for the novelty of it. Makes me a little sad. Glad they knew to call us and off we go to rescue them!

Last edited:
Ah easter strikes... one of my kids friends parents called asking if we would take the 3 week old chicks they picked up from the hardware store because they were so cute. they think they take too much time to take care of? These are easy pets... guess some are not ready for a commitment! I know lots of people adopt bunnies and chicks around easter for the novelty of it. Makes me a little sad. Glad they knew to call us and off we go to rescue them!

This is why we do not sell bunnies for a month before and up to that after Easter.

Back
Top Bottom