Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi All!

yep, we got snow too.... the girls are going to be so p!ssed!!!

Watched the Blood moon.... rather cool, but long!

Made 5# of German Potato Salad.... time for bed!

Night All!

White Morning To All....yep...same GOOD LUCK to you huntress. I'll be hunting prolly no matter what. I have a busy week otherwise, and would like to get lucky right away wed.
I agree that the hens will be fertile for 10 days after the roo is removed....you are prolly good to go with just collecting eggs....depending how many you need.

I voted for #24 too...that's just wrong voting for Jeff Gordon (race car guy) LOL! Good Luck sclark.

Sure is pretty awful looking outside again....I hate white and will never have a white vehicle...ever.

Venzun roast with fresh carrots and red spuds in the dutch oven...wth....should be grilling ...not more comfort food. Didn't we just live on that for the past 5 months?

Cabin Fever Yet.... bigz
Well since I've been a Gordon fan back when he run sprint cars I figured it was good luck they give me 24?!
tongue2.gif
I won 7 weeks in a row betting on my husbands Nascar pool at work last year they quit doing it, said I was cheating. Thanks for voting.

Good snowy morning all!
You all have been so helpful to me I thought I'd see if any of you have run across this issue that I've never dealt with before...an egg eating rooster. I set up a breeder pen last week with a young rooster, pullet and hen. The first few days there were 2 eggs in the nest then Friday there were none...I didn't inspect the nest because I just thought the girls took the day off. Saturday I heard the roo making his 'come eat' call from the nest...saw a broken egg but thought it was an accident. Well, yesterday I watched him wait for one of the girls to lay, then break the egg and call to them! This morning there was another 'wet egg spot' in the nest when I got out there.
Any suggestions as to how I can get him to stop this or protect the eggs till I can collect them?

Bigz, good luck this week! My tag is for this season too but if it doesn't quit snowing I might not even go out.

Voted this morning Sclark...good luck!!
Sometimes a male will check for hardness in eggs too..he wants them to nest and make babys too.letting them together after the eggs have been collected for the day will help. Add crushed egg shells in the grass to peck at. (in the snow)

I never thought of this. He's young, and maybe a little too enthusiastic with his 'checking'. I did forget to put oyster shell in this pen....I'll do it today. Thanks!

Hi All!

yep, we got snow too.... the girls are going to be so p!ssed!!!

Watched the Blood moon.... rather cool, but long!

Made 5# of German Potato Salad.... time for bed!

Night All!

Yum, love potato salad.

Dis gust ing.  Yeah, snow here, too.  Thhhhrrrppptt.

Last night's thunderstorm somehow got to the outside extension cord, threw the breaker to the outside circuit.  Wouldn't have been so bad, but that circuit also runs the garage where my chick brooders currently reside.  Woke up to a stack of chicks peeping their displeasure and 4 that are now snake food that got too chilled. Really wish I had separate electricity to my coops.

Just checked my little snowflake bobwhite quail eggs while moving other eggs out to the hatcher.  They're 5 days in on shipped eggs, saw at least half showing distinct red veining, woot!  Got some live ones cooking in there.

Heading to bed to burrow under 3 blankets, think I'll just skip tomorrow (I wish!  Have to drive up to Grafton for the next two days, not looking forward the haul.)

Sorry about you losing chicks to blown fuse. Perhaps you can rig an alarm that goes off when the electricity goes out ?

We got 2.5 inches here and still snowing

Ouch :-( I am so ready for spring !!

good morning,
I will take a picture of the last pup today.. I have a feeling he won't be here much longer..

i enjoyed having all those pups when they were here,, they really liven up the place.. they were not in the house at all after we put them outside.. none of them were formally potty trained and we don't need any surprises ..

not much happening around here for excitement,, waiting for warmer weather and for the ground to dry out so I can clean the coops..

DD1 is starting a ton of plants.. lots of exotic stuff like purple beans and stuff like that.. she is doing normal things too, for me..

going to try to get the Blazer analyzed either today or tomorrow.. the guy that I bought it from says he thinks it is the air intake module.. I think it is the electronic fuel sensor.. I am the correct one ..

...........jiminwisc..........

Hurley-did you lose some of the chicks or are they okay now?

This crap (the snow and cold temps) had best leave today and start to warm again out there. All of our chicks are hatching this weekend and people are shipping chicks out. This weather will not be healthy for those babies. Ugh, I am so over winter for the next 4 years or so.

I've got to get the coop ready for chicks again. I'll have to put the ramp back in (after I clean out the DL/dirt/mud), add some pieces of wood so the chicks can get back into the nest box, chick feed, and get the chick feeder/waterer out.

I miss our members that are not visiting/posting. Where are you all????????

Hope your problems with your Blazer work out Jim, buying a vehicle is one of the things I hate doing the most. You never know what will happen when you drive away. Like happened with my Jeep, after the new transmission it seems to be running good so far but I can't stand the mileage(14mpg all winter) I've been wanting to get something else but just can't get myself to do it. I did get a little 95 Saturn 2 door a few weeks ago to help with gas prices but it only cost $600 so I'm not out like I was with the Jeep.

Put 17 eggs in lockdown Sunday and another 14 today, more tomorrow for the HAL, many were not fertile or quit but those mainly were eggs I got from 4 different chicken people. I originally had 83 set for the Easter HAL but doubt I"ll have have make it to lock down. Just pulled 2 stinky ones out which I've never experienced with any of my own eggs. I only have 15 chicks which isn't so bad as this dang weather is not cooperating. I see this am we are under a warning for 6 or more inches, sure wish it would end. I agree CS this is enough for many years to come.

I have a DSLR camera so I can set my shutter speed fast to catch photos of the chicks easier than alot of reg. cameras. It sure helps with those wiggly buggers.

Back
Top Bottom