Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning, took a whole cuppa to read all the posts.. that's how I like to start the day..

Funny about the guy sneaking up on your turkeys,, a couple of years ago there was a guy walking back and forth on our road , calling turkeys,, You can hardly see our house setting way back from the road,,

you all know that you take the kids along to look at puppies.. that way you have somebody else to blame if you take one ..

I had a call from Oklahoma last night.. She wanted a female.. I told her to call me on May 20.
that is when we are getting our female.. This lady was interesting to talk to.. she raises Schnausers.. ships them even out of the country .. If she can find a female Maremma, it is going to a friend in the Dominican Republic ..

the roads are all in good driving condition here.. I only wish I had a car to drive with on them..

have to call a guy who will do a diagnostic for me..

This afternoon I have to take Dora to the vet.. one of her dew claws has curled around and poking into her.. I tried nipping it, but it is too painful .. I was going to keep them trimmed, but alas, I just never remembered to do it..
Annie bought one of those battery powered nail grinders awhile ago.. they are useless.. as soon as it touches the nail, the wheel stops spinning .. maybe a Dremmel would work ?

.....jiminwisc........

Well, Jim...I am definitely bringing those kiddos. My oldest knows, but the younger two do not (yet). Hey Jim, what size collar should I bring? Medium, Large?
If you are just looking, why would you need a collar ?

He is just a puppy,, small collar ..8 or 9 inches .. I had one on the female just to mark her for easier ID.. she had it off overnight .. it is out in the yard somewhere ..

you won't need a crate,, somebody can hold him on their lap.. or he can lay on the floor in the back..

If you are just looking, why would you need a collar ?

He is just a puppy,, small collar ..8 or 9 inches .. I had one on the female just to mark her for easier ID.. she had it off overnight .. it is out in the yard somewhere ..

you won't need a crate,, somebody can hold him on their lap.. or he can lay on the floor in the back..

Well, I have to be prepared right???? LOL

Morning All...the sun is actually peeking out. Nice surprise.

You have a daughter with a sharp eye bl4...the beard was 9" and I didn't weigh him, but prolly 22 0r 23 lbs I'm thinking. The heaviest one I killed was 26.5 lbs with a monster rope for a beard...that was a trophy bird that will be tough to ever beat. He was with 11 hens that time.

Congrats on the hatches and the turkey eggs...cool video on the hatch and the rest of the pics. I think I could use a little fresh pork to....be hard to butcher them after raising them up. That's me.

Maybe I could get a volume discount on a special multiple mount huntress. I wish I had a bigger house with magnum walls....

Later bigz

Hello,

I'm new to having chickens. We purchased 6 white leghorns last week. Since we all know how cold the weather seems to constantly be around here, I was wondering if an insulated coop is the way to go or is it not necessary?

Thanks,

jayoung34

My birds are in a single horse sized shed it is insulated and has electric outlets in 3 places and a light bulb up top and a fiberglass window up top and a large door. with a top separate door that i can keep open if i need to put them in early they still have light. It also has floor matts that i place the shavings down and straw. they are only in it during the night and in the winter they use it more as geese and ducks dont like snow on their cold feet its so cute but they are happy when i fill a kiddy pool in - negativeI weather temps. its weird. I have a used dog kennel for my geese to lay their eggs in and my ducks just lay anywhere i have even found some down by the pond on the edge or water. they are naughty found my mallards nest the other day now 2 eggs are in their i hope she goes broody when she has enough.

Back
Top Bottom