Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
Fawns are very tender and always good meat. Enjoy it!

I have about 8 catalogs on order, and I have only received 1! I'm going crazy waiting on the others. How much do people usually spend on a seed order? I'm looking at about $50 for the ones I want. Is that expensive for 10 packets?

3 types of tomatoes
1 green pepper
1 carrot
1 onion
1 bush bean
1 pea
1 strawberry
1 cucumber

This will be my first garden, and have no idea what "average" is.

My sister sent me a text message this morning. I brought her a dozen eggs last week. She says she is out and she "would like more please." She said "These things are tasty!"

I think she is hooked.....
thumbsup.gif

Magoochie, $5 a packet
ep.gif
I ordered from Sandhill last year and the most expensive are the toms at $3, most are $1-2. Nice thing about heirlooms is that you can save the seed each year, if you're so inclined, and not have to buy every kind every year. I was thinkin about your cube steaks, maybe a day in marinade would help?

DrH, I never freeze/can the carrots, too mushy. I just pull 'em late fall and scrub 'em good and put 'em in big Ziplocks in the fridge. We still had crunchy carrots in March last year, yum. Some kinds do have better flavor, will be trying some different ones this go round.

C4C, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, cheesy babies left and right
big_smile.png

Mahonri, why did they ever swap the ProBowl and the SuperBowl? Now 5 Packers can't play in the ProBowl...
hu.gif

How much do people usually spend on a seed order?

Ummm, a LOT, lol.
sickbyc.gif

I will be right around $300.00 this year with my 3 orders. Granted we run a market garden and are toying with the CSA idea, sooo.... It depends on what your buying, where your buying it, and if your getting organic seed etc. I don't think your order price is too bad really. What really matters is that YOU plant what YOU want, or in our case what our customers want. Good Luck!!!!

I am wondering where all this snow is that we are supposed to be getting as the sky to the north is nice and blue right now. Maybe it will stay south this time
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
Hey, a guy can dream can't he? LOL Have a great day ALL!!!​

Amyable- I might try marinade if I ever make it again. Otherwise I will use meat that hasnt been frozen and tenderize it myself.

The seed catalog I have is from Underwood Gardens. But the tomatoes I want to try are 1 cherry type, 1 sauce/paste, and one large variety the cherry types are like $4.50 a packet. The total is about $50 after shipping.

When do seed orders usually ship? It just says spring.....

Not sure if I will order from them of not. But if I dont get another catalog soon, I might, just to be done with it.

I have looked online, but would rather flip through a catalog. and have them side by side to compare.

Last edited:
Good Fish Fry Friday Everyone...nice to see you drop by cd. Being busy is the only way to be!

I agree with you Amy...sand hill is hard to beat. I save enough seeds that my order was only $20 from them this year. I'm also gonna space things farther apart this year. Last year I gave the matos 3 ft and this year they are gettin 4ft between plants.

I also buy the sweet corn. I have trouble with racoons...they know when it's ripe and ruin the harvest. Some friends use the electric fence or a radio to deter the racoons. It's easier to go to the farm market guy that allows me to go into the field and pick what we need. By the time I buy seed, spray for worms, and care for the crop it's really not a saving option to grow corn here.

Talk Later.... ~ bigzio

Mag) That does sound over kill for PACKETS of seed. Are they organic? Even my Johnnys catalog (which is gorgeous) is more expensive and I doubt i'd reach 50 bucks with only 10 different seed packets.

C4C) Congrats!!!
smile.png
Pregnancy sucks! lol. I think women either love it, or hate it. I HATE it.

To talk more about how I hate pregnancy (haha!) I slept worse last night than any other night I have before! I woke up at exactually midnight (have no clue whats up with this) annnnd stayed up, tossing and turning until I had to get out of bed for clinicals this morning, at 5:30. Ugh! I am sooo exhausted. Prolly gonna go throw myself down for a nap soon, trying to satisfy my hunger first.

So, my badgercare lady is making me SOOO mad!
somad.gif
They canceled my insurance on me at the end of Dec because I had to prove I was pregnant. I sent that fax over to them the week of xmas. She told me she got it. However she never re-instated my health insurance. Called her, she said was because I needed to be interviewed over the phone to update information. Okay fine. Was suppossed to call me Wed for said interview. Okay, she called me was in clinicals and missed her call. Had to reschedule. Fine, my fault. Asks me if this is the best number to reach me at, I said yes, we don't have home phones. Reschedule for today, she calls my HUSBANDS phone, and I call her asking her why she never called. She said I called twice, I said nooo you didn't, you called my husband! So, she has to reschedule again for Monday. Asks if i'm free, I said "Yes, I had a Doctors appt but will have to reschedule seeing as they keep telling me I have no health insurance!". She looks up her record and says "Yes, you have it" I say "Noo, they keep telling me it expired Dec 31st, both the hospital and Walgreens. I've been waiting on a prescription for a month now that I can't get cause they say my health insurance is expired!" Her: "Hmm, that's odd...it's showing it working on my end. Maybe it will fix itself when we have the interview on Monday."

UGHHHHH!!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif
She is very nice and all, but shes new and so she has NO clue what shes doing. Sooooo frustrating.

Aurora could really make my day by offering me that job.... *sigh* Why must they take so long?!?!

Raiquee- They are heirloom seeds. www.underwoodgardens.com

Honestly I love the website. I like to see the actual pictures of what I am buying. Not just a black and white description. But let me know if that is high pricing for seeds. As I said, never ordered them before.

I dont just want to buy weird hybrids at walmart or the hardware store, I want heirlooms/organic.

Sorry to hear about the insurance gal. Alot of people in customer service positions, are lacking.... I cant believe some of them even finished school, let alone can get hired for some of these jobs.

oh also, i requested my seed catalogs about 5 weeks ago. I sure hope some of them get here soon!

I requested catalogs from:

Sandhill
Seed of Change
Seed Savers Exchange
Baker Creek

any other suggestions?

raiquee- I can relate to badger care, when they canceled us no one told us till my DD had to go get stitches for putting her foot through a hen cage
he.gif
, luckily it had been only a month, but the worst part is i accidently sent a pay stub for march instead of may, that was all that was wrong. and the worker wouldn't answer phone calls about badger care not important enough, she said email only lucky we had email

Back
Top Bottom