Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Sooty Evening All... Big job overwith til the next time...she is breathing much better now. Good til spring on that front now. Took prolly 3 hours but saved myself the price of a sweep job and I know it was done right.
Nice to see the new Backyard Poultry magazine arrive. The last issue has long been read. I also had a nice suprise when the delivery guy brought my waterer and hanging feeder that was on backorder from premier one since Oct. I'm glad I have them for this next summer. The waterer they sell is super easy to clean and carry. I first questioned the handle, but it works great and is strong enough for the 5 gal load it needs to carry.

Stuffed pork chops with homemade sage stuffing, baked tatoes, and frozen carrots/broccoli....I know you said your carrots were bland Doc. Might be the variety...some are like that for sure, we've had that happen before too! I like the imperator type for freezing and canning, they mature late usually 90 to 100 days at least, but we usually wait til frost. Seems like they turn more orange and flavorful then. Gotta have the frozen carrots piled high.

Be Safe.... ~ bigzio

Mag) Did you do a gravy? The gravy adds a lot of flavor to the meat that is needed. I'm not a big fan of southern cooking, but DH is. I make it once in awhile.

I made the most DELISH big ol' pot of strawberry oatmeal known to mankind. It was milk, strawberries, some almond extract, little sugar, honey and a bit of salt. Then oats of course. YUMMY. Slightly sweet, but not NEARLY as sweet as those flavor packages! I can't wait for spring to get more fruits in season and try other options! I can see a maple-raisin/date one, a blueberry one...the list goes on! I am super stoked over this oatmeal if you can't tell. I guess I never thought I could make tasty oatmeal. Huh.

DH made stir-fry for dinner. It's yummy! We are trying to use things in the house but we end up missing certain ingrediants. Like cheese. Soo, stirfry it was, and DH was only gonna put in a pepper and an onion and I found frozen beans, squash and chicken. Made it yummy. The beans were ones I DIDN'T blanch, and they are crispy and juicy! I am not blancing my beans/peas ANYMORE!

One more day of clinicals, before the weekend. I can't wait, I just need a break! The chairs in the lab seem comfy, but 5 hours into it, they aren't. Plus their scopes need to be perched higher so we aren't bending our backs over. But, i'm just complaining cause i'm preggo and it's hard on my back
smile.png
All I gotta say is my back is bothering me and they let me take a break should I need it. Only problem is I really need to lay down/stretch out. Sitting in the breakroom isn't really helping matters. Oh well, pregnancy doesn't last forever luckily. DH decided to try an "experiment" and tried sleeping on the couch last night. He thought he was waking me up by moving in the night. Well, thats not the case, as I woke up around midnight like usual, and didn't see him, so I took awhile to get back to sleep. Woke up again at 3 am and he wasn't there so they I got worried! Didn't get back to sleep at all after that. I told him, "stop experimenting! You're just stirring the pot!" lol.

Not much else to talk about, ciao!

Raiquee, when are you due? Hopefully soon. I just found out that I am pregnant with #2, so I will be headed down the same path as you! I am definitely NOT looking forward to the messed up sleep schedule... before AND after the baby is born!
big_smile.png

Evening all long time no type lol.

Well I started school 2 weeks ago so I don't have much time for anything else with taking 15 credits and all the homework but it will be worth it in the end.

My chickens are doing great and we are getting 3 eggs a day so we have a few late bloomers but they will come around I'm sure.

Well off to bed so you guys take it easy and I will try to drop in when I can

No idea why I am still awake...must have been the Pepsi I had at my client's place this evening...or maybe that short nap I took this afternoon? Hard to say. I think I might be getting tired though. Nice to hear from you ChrisD..and congrats on another new Cheesehead growing CFC! We are getting bigger by the day (and I dont mean your midsections!)
lau.gif

OK--I am anoying Dh now by typing in bed so I guess I need to read my book--less noise I guess
hide.gif
Goodnight...maybe I should stay on for just a little longer than I can say good morning! Sleep tight! Terri O

Wow, so many people seem to have chickens that don't want to lay in winter, I thought I was doing something wrong because I was only getting 4 to 6 eggs out of 8 hens! Guess my spoiled little girls love me! hehehe I was concerned that they seemed to be loosing weight... not good in winter! I started giving them a little suet in their morning mash along with a bit more protein and they seem to slowly be getting better.

The kids are loving the eggs I give them! My daughter and her SO will no longer buy store eggs. They went without rather than buying from a store... said they just couldn't bring themselves to eating those "things" anymore! LOL

Congrats on the new Wisconsinites on the way! When I was pregers and working I just layed down on the floor or on a couple of chairs. Yes, it was hard getting up... but at least I could stretch out my back.

I never hardly use cube steaks... way too tough, send that meat to grind! I use chuck or round for my CFS and pound the hell out of it myself. I also season my egg dip then use a little less in the flour.

We had a "Bambi" roast last night.... WOW! It barely had nubs and I think it was the perfect time to wind up in our freezer! Like deer veal! It was sooo good and so tender!

The cold can end any time now...I have 8 seed catalogs and am developing a bad case of spring fever! I also have ideas for redoing the coop but don't want to start until it's time for the spring cleaning! grrrrr I NEED WARM!!!!

Why do we have to wait an entire two weeks for the SUPER BOWL???

Here's praying that Air Rodgers is eating well, working out and getting ready.

Good Morning Everyone! Bigz will give those imperator's a try. The one's I grew have absolutely zero taste. They were great right out of the garden though. Was going to do the chimney today then put wood in this morning, maybe this aft. Cind funny how once people eat real eggs won't go back to those "things". cd glad to hear from you it's been a while. Hope school is going well! CFC congradulations on the news! Hope it goes well for you and the lil cheeshead! Raiq your oatmeal sounds like it would really hit the spot. Hope your clinicals go well! Didn't make bread the other day due to the sump discharge line being frozen so that's on the list for today. Making brat buns too. fm the snows a comin!
rant.gif
lol.png

Good morning! Well, not much has happened here since midnight...
gig.gif
except sleep! I read about the float test for eggs in the quail section and will be trying that later in the incubation time...I fear the worst for these poor eggs...so chilly at night! I might just try the heating pad trick after all...
I am off to the doc today--they will look at my shoulder...hopefully they will say "just a bad sprain." It still hurts a bunch--especially in the morning!
No "work" today. Maybe I have to go and see a lady--I have to give her a call in 10 minutes to see if her daughter is back from her vacation. Might have to go and cook her an egg for breakfast--I will bring REAL ones! Ya know, even cooking store eggs makes me a little queezy...they are so pale and runny in the pan! We all say we spoil our egg laying girls but I think they spoil US with the best eggs on the planet!
love.gif
bow.gif

Speaking of...I think I will make a few for myself! Have a happy day! Terri O

Have to agree with ya TO on the "best eggs in the world". For some reason I love to spoil them. Just thought about that when one of the cats came through, OK all the stupid animals. Can't even think of store bought rotten ones.
sickbyc.gif
So many recalls on eggs, meats, and veggies these days. The thing that amazes me is that I don't get sick since altering my diet. No colds or flu for years even though I smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish. BBCB? It's big ol goofy man dancin with a .... Breads a risin and just got back from dropping off 2 doz. eggs at some long neglected good people's house. Picked up some pizza sauce for Iti sausages [and they were sizzlin! BBCB] with grn pep and onions on fresh made buns for tonights entree.
droolin.gif
better get my dishes done and wood brought in.

Back
Top Bottom