Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

well corey, as you get older the definition of excitement changes ..

I ran a continuity test of the wire.
It checked out OK.
Now I am thinking it is the solenoid itself. the switch checks out good, also.
the fuse is good.
I will have to research how to test a solenoid. utube, here I come again.

.......jiminwisc......

ETA: Friday} this morning I tested the switch with the wire to the solenoid. It is sending 12 V to the solenoid.
there is a ground wire connected to the base of the solenoid. no matter what I try, I cannot get a reading of any kind. not even directly from the battery .

...jiminwisc........

Last edited:
too bad about the little goat.
are you sure she isn't just fainted ?

corey, the very first thing I did when it didn't start was , swear.. I always get that out of the way right away..
I didn't kick it, but I hit it with a wrench..
I am going to go back out there and run a ground directly from the battery to the solenoid.
we used to have a place called West Side Battery here in Wausau, but last summer they retired and tore the building down. they used to test solenoids etc for me..

........jiminwisc.....

Hi all! Have a couple questions:
  1. Chickenship made me a hanging waterer with the red nipples-How did you get your chickens to start using these?
  2. Have any of you used Frontline? Did you use the spray or the drops? which strength? I have had some issues with mites lately and the Eprinex hasnt been very effective.

Can't accurately answer either question but...I've seen people use a laser pointer and the chickens peck at it. Maybe let them chase the laser and put it on a nipple and they peck it and realize water comes out

What A nice day here today....hoping the sunshine continues to show it's face some more...I do have a few spuds poking out, but the maters still look sad at best. Hope they come back from a rough start...the rest of the transplants are lookin good.

bigz

What A nice day here today....hoping the sunshine continues to show it's face some more...I do have a few spuds poking out, but the maters still look sad at best. Hope they come back from a rough start...the rest of the transplants are lookin good.

bigz

Angiebubs...5% sevin dust is your best friend here. Glad to see you stop by, and hope you can make the bash again.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom