Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Well, that was a short time to own a goat. Poor little thing was so weak. She did not make it through the night. Very sad little girl this morning. :(
I am so sorry to hear this. :hugs Your little girl must be totally heartbroken. It really stinks when you lose a little one. What did the seller have to say? I guess the silver lining is that you didn't have it long enough to get deeply attached. Again, so very sorry for your loss :(

Hi all! Have a couple questions:
  1. Chickenship made me a hanging waterer with the red nipples-How did you get your chickens to start using these?
  2. Have any of you used Frontline? Did you use the spray or the drops? which strength? I have had some issues with mites lately and the Eprinex hasnt been very effective.

Hi Angie! check out this youtube video.

The seller is a friend of ours. They were going to give us a deal on the goat to begin with, then when she needed some extra attention they said we could just have her if she lived. My daughter is unfortunately just like I was when I was her age. She can be fully attached at first site and is now heartbroken. She will get over it though. Still going to try and get a couple for her though.

The seller is a friend of ours. They were going to give us a deal on the goat to begin with, then when she needed some extra attention they said we could just have her if she lived. My daughter is unfortunately just like I was when I was her age. She can be fully attached at first site and is now heartbroken. She will get over it though. Still going to try and get a couple for her though.
Sounds like you have a sweet young lady with a huge heart :love Hope you find a healthy pair soon. Please post pics when you do :)

Can't accurately answer either question but...I've seen people use a laser pointer and the chickens peck at it. Maybe let them chase the laser and put it on a nipple and they peck it and realize water comes out
Great idea-plus a fun activity in the coop LOL

Angiebubs...5% sevin dust is your best friend here. Glad to see you stop by, and hope you can make the bash again.

bigz
Hey BigZ!!!! I won't be able to this year-Megs last day of HS was today, June 4th s graduation and her party is the 10th. (Plus in the process of selling my rental property and a few things to fix per buyer request before closing-IF appraisal comes thru ok) Next year!! I powdered them with DE and Sevin-I wll continue that once a week for now and see if that takes care of it Thanks.

Hi Angie! check out this youtube video.

Thank you! I will check it out now

Got my electric fence up. I touched it to check it and nothing happened....then I wrapped my hand around it and it pulsed....what a friggin jolt that was. I may have peed a little squirt. I'm awake now!

Got my electric fence up. I touched it to check it and nothing happened....then I wrapped my hand around it and it pulsed....what a friggin jolt that was. I may have peed a little squirt. I'm awake now!
:yuckyuckI laughed so hard when I read this that my kids asked me what I was reading...took me several tries to read it b/c I was laughing all over again. I was crying by the time I finished! I can't remember the last time I laughed that much.:lau
It's not just chickens but, apparently chicken people, that make my day now!!! :ya

Hi all,
corey, the way to test an electric fence is to pee on the wire. I wouldn't lie to you.

I got the lawn mower going. Did I say that already ? I wrote so many emails that I forget who I said what to. anyhow, it is worth repeating.

my sweet potato slips are getting way out of hand. I have one about 18 inches long.

I watered all the potted seedlings just now. It took a 5 gal pail of water, and that was just a minimal watering.

I didn't get to town for gas for all the motors I use out here. maybe tomorrow.

I haven't checked the garden for a couple of days. IDK if the potatoes are coming up or what .. peas either..

........jiminwisc......

good memorial weekend saturday morning

this week started out for siht,
but it ended OK.

the weather got a lot nicer.
I learned a lot about the lawn mower wiring.
my seedlings in the sun porch are thriving.
the guy from ebay that I bought my 3pt trailer hitch from; reimbersed me for the cost of the tap and die set I had to buy to fix the threads.

in a little while, after I finish my cupps, I am headed to town for a couple of cans of gas for the thirsty motors here

I hope to get a lot of grass cut before the next round of showers.

the lilacs are in full bloom and the apple tree dropped all of it's blossoms.
there are tiny plums on the plum tree.

life is good.

.......jiminwisc.......

Back
Top Bottom