Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Okay, I thought it was just me that thought Biden looked like Walter last night, but I guess not!
lau.gif

Guineas to give away...

4-5 adult gray pearl and gray pearl pieds..... my neighbor decided that he no longer wants them. I don't know the gender, but please no picking and choosing...

North of Iola or East of Rosholt. Let me know if you want them

Thanks,
Terri Amberflea

good AM, I have a few comments,, if I don't forget..

turkeys seem to like to nest on the ground.. they do not gather bedding like a goose does.. however,, if the bedding is there, they will set on it.. inside they like a corner nest.. If you are planning on building a nest box, make it about 24 inches x 24 inches.. It does not have to be a covered box.. just the base is enough.. make the sides tall enough to hold any bedding from sliding out..

we have some collapsable cloth "barrels" that the turkeys seem to like .. they are about 24 inches tall..

I hit upon an idea yesterday how to make a recycled hut for a medium dog or in my case,, a nest for the peahens.. I have some 55 gal barrels that I cut in half lengthwise.. I am going to attach boards around the edges to form 3 walls,, and to add some height.. it will be open on one end..
it will look like a quansit hut.. I will take pictures..

I have a flat tire on Ollie.. I have to take it off and run it to F&F to let them fix it.. It came from there and they will fix it for free if they do not have to replace the tube..

Brent,, I finally got to talk to the guy who wants some of my BR hens this morning.. He knows you.. in fact he is your next door neighbor, practically,, Jim Sch----.. has about 200 pigeons..
says he is going to Stratford with them on about 2/27/12.. that is when he will stop here to look at my hens..

I did a rough count yesterday and I should have what he wants with enough left over for my hatching eggs..

I am getting nervous,, so I will send this shorter version of a post so I don't lose it like I did yesterday.

ETA I think it is safe to come back and add something..
Annie mentioned that she thinks that one of the dogs is using the dog house.. she has been dust mopping up shavings on the floor..
I had a hunch it was the puppy.. he is so sneaky about it,, must think I don't want him in there..
.........jimwillbebackwithanotherpostlater.........

Last edited:
doesn't it seem odd that people will eat eggs, a product that comes out of a chicken's ***** and they get all squeamish about tongue that comes out of a cow's mouth..

doesn't it seem odd that people will eat eggs, a product that comes out of a chicken's ***** and they get all squeamish about tongue that comes out of a cow's mouth..
Well put!

and if you could get them to eat it without knowing what it is, they would beg for more. "That's the most tender roast beef Iv'e ever had " is a common response.

Last edited:
this is the runt barrock I mentioned earlier.. the one sitting to her left is of a smaller size than normat.. this is the Tom I picked up last Sunday.. this is the SLW that I picked up today.. he is from MMcM.. at least the guy said it was a SLW this is the barrock roo I picked up today also.. he is also from MMcM.. he is a lot bigger than the two I already have.. they will be going to freezer camp as soon as we get a nice warm day. Kim,, sorry.. You don't get this roo.. I looked long and hard for him.. you can have the other two misfits if you want them.. ...jimwhoproducespictureswhenhepromosesthem......... .
I like the SLW roo if ya wanna part with him, and I will just have to continue my search for BR roo, for my girls....... and they are pretty nice looking roo's for hatchery stock, matter of fact nicest SLW rooster I have seen from a hatchery, usually they barely resemble there breed....Kim

I am tapping maples today. I can't wait anymore.

TO you may want try on your maple tree soon. Good week as the temps are supposed to be above freezing during the day and below at night.

My chickens decided to venture out today after more than a week in the hen house. now they are packed in under the breeding pen(huge packing crate I put on legs) dusting.

I forgot to ask earlier- why does one of my chicks keep having poo stick to its butt. The TSC guys last year told us that if its not cleaned off it could back up inside. I washed her in the sink last week, and yesterday and again today. Why does it keep happening , and will it stop?
Thanks!
This seems normal, and it will stop. It seems like I have one chick like this every hatch (1:20 ratio for me). I had one 2 years ago that was wearing me out so I cut all the "butt-fluff" off. She was also one of those chicks covered in slime at hatch, DD13 named her Yolkhead. She is now top girl in the hen house and never had any issue w/her.

jvls1942 nice SLW roo

Back
Top Bottom