Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hey everyone.

Sorry to hear the bad news

Welcome to the newbies

Well we made an "official" offer on our house which was excepted by the owners. However its a short sale and requires bank approval. I'll let you know more as we find out.

I haven't even seen my chickens today. I left the doors shut to keep them warm and didn't get home until a few minutes ago. DD12 had a soccer game tonight and we all went out for pizza afterwards.

Night all......

Last edited:
I'm not catching up on 3 days worth...
lol..why not? You might be missing some important stuff..
What ya setting for Easter Hatch? Three incubators full?

TO?You joining the hatch as long as you have BF4's incubator?

I have not heard or seen Hurly either.

I am dragging tonight..butchered today..makes for a long day. I am just glad to get those boys in freezer camp. I am down to two cockerels. When the RIR get a bit larger..of course that will change again. I am liking the way these are turning out. They are keeping close weight to the meaties..

Welcome Cuties!

Last edited:
Good evening!!!

Welcome Cuties!!!

Good luck with the house/bank chickenscratch!!

Egg count update yesterday 13/21 today 17/21 so kinda up and down lately. Feel bad but I have kept them locked up to try and prevent the cold winds from making this cold snap any worse for them.

We are walking at Mall of America this Saturday for Juvenille Diabetes (My dd12 has had type 1 diabetes for almost 6 yrs now). If interested in supporting, here is a link:
http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?team_i...=2141&et=QxsP3tKWFL7svW950gVy2g&s_tafId=34789

I was just taking inventory of what swaps I have coming. I might have to check how many eggs my egg turner can handle! This is what I think I have coming:

12 Swedish flower hens : Dahlisgrams
6 salmon faverolles: Mrsmooncat
6 Polish: Daze333
6 Silver pencil Plymouth rocks: Swatacreek
12 lavender Orpingtons
12 Javas

I think I might be in trouble...

Bl4... I am hoping or the best for your furry friend.
Thanks for the words of up port. I am ok with losing this job. Five years has been great, but my twins are all I am having and they are only six and till need mom. I know that wont last forever. If I find another job, fine, otherwise fall ill be soon enough. Too many things I want to do.
On a fun note, my friend has her plans or her coop and I am going to hatch a variety of chicks for her with the Easter hatch long. I gave her all my chick catalogs and ill keep you guys posted if I am hunting for certain breeds to hatch for her. I love hatching and raising them and excited for her three young girls too.

Jim...don't stop piping in. I want to hear everyone's opinions or I would not ask!

Thanks for the big welcome everyone!! I'm sure I'll have lots of ?s :) glad to know there's a rescue gal out there Vicki! That's how we got our only roo! I was so afraid to take that step!!! Turns out he's totally hen pecked lol... literally. Have to keep separating him from his ladies!! Although, he's a lot friendlier than I expected. Guess we got lucky!

im sorry if i didnt read everything, but....

cc, i did not get a chance to talk to MLH, unfortunately i had a side job run long and didnt make it.

Dr H, I am proud to share a birthday with your father, I only know of my sister and a few celebrities I share this birthday with. I wish him a long and happy life and happy recovery along with the best he can do with it now.

top lot muskrat sold for $54, it is way crazy, and im going to continue celebrating it by myself as my daughter is sleeping and DGF is doing homework.

Heres to being crooked on your birthday!

allthebestJoe

Got a little bit accomplished here today...not too much. I am going to meet a woman that needs 2nd shift child care in the morning. Thinking about getting back into it and 2nd shift sounds good to me! I will have to see what it pays though...
The farm that I used to work at milking cows is looking for help again too...they pay really well, but I dont think I want to be lifting #50 on a regular basis...bad enough when I have to unload MY feed! Speaking of--I need to do that yet tonight!
Ummm, that wouldn't be 2nd shift then, would it?
wink.png
lau.gif
Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Back
Top Bottom