Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

TO, I am switching from my Butternut to Hubbard. I have Buttercup which are great tasting but after seeing you Hubbards, saying no to the Butternut, too watery for our tastes.

Delisha, I would think it would be easier to find a kitty in your neighborhood? I am sure the shelters are full of them, or there should be someone that would re-home some ferals that would help with the mouse situation. My neighbor has like 7 (YIKES) ferals

Heather: How are Tonto and the Lone Ranger? Would love to see some pictures! Hope no news is good news

Hmmm Looks like global warming is about to end this week
tongue2.gif
That is my attempt at drama. Bundle up everyone.

Viki, there is a good chance I will get done early fri. My machine is getting overhall, and I will have plenty of ot by then. Only problem is I wont know untill fri whem I am done. And syd will be in school. If it is ok, blake and I can come last minute. I can tell syd she didn't come because we wanted to surprise her. She would deal ok. And ellis has not layed. So I have not been able to use blackie... by the time you get him, he will be an angel. The turkey hen persilla has taken it upon herself to single him out and keep him more than in line!

Also, when I moved out the chicks, I think it was too cold. They must have huddled too tight under the heat lamp :'( two of the orp babies were trampled. I would lime to purchase a couple eggs to do a winter hatch.

And cc since I will be doing this, could you pm on your pricing and how long it would take you to collect. I will talk to scott to see if it is ok for me to get lavs too!!

The chickies actually came out before I went in today :) I miss them in the morni gs now that it isdark, and I often work at 3.

Have a good monday all!

Viki, there is a good chance I will get done early fri. My machine is getting overhall, and I will have plenty of ot by then. Only problem is I wont know untill fri whem I am done. And syd will be in school. If it is ok, blake and I can come last minute. I can tell syd she didn't come because we wanted to surprise her. She would deal ok. And ellis has not layed. So I have not been able to use blackie... by the time you get him, he will be an angel. The turkey hen persilla has taken it upon herself to single him out and keep him more than in line!

Also, when I moved out the chicks, I think it was too cold. They must have huddled too tight under the heat lamp :'( two of the orp babies were trampled. I would lime to purchase a couple eggs to do a winter hatch.

And cc since I will be doing this, could you pm on your pricing and how long it would take you to collect. I will talk to scott to see if it is ok for me to get lavs too!!

The chickies actually came out before I went in today :) I miss them in the morni gs now that it isdark, and I often work at 3.

Have a good monday all!
you can have any eggs you want. My Orps are broody and not laying except the Gold Lace and she sounds like she wants to go broody.
roll.png

Our new horses came in saturday :D Super excited about them.

Isn't she a doll?

Also Cuties, I have about 6 cochin eggs I'd give off for free if you're interested. We're in Evansville

Viki, I wilk probably just skip winter chicks then. Not a biggy.

Twiz! Thats a cute horse! What all did you get, when you say horses....
Thanks for the egg offer :) I wi hold off for now. I am traveli g south. And think you are north tho
Hubby would be kind of angry if I got yet another breed going! Lol

Good morning! Tonight they weather guy is saying a hard freeze! Sheesh, we just got our first frost two days ago! I have to get those sweet potatoes OUT! The rain was pretty steady all weekend so no digging for me! I guess I will cut the visit to Milw. short today. Maybe not go in until later so I can get some digging done. That sounds like a plan. The tires are flat on my wagon (thanks DH) so I guess I will have to load the Hubbards into the ice fishing sled I use for feed to pull them up to the house. There is no way I can heft them into the wheelbarrow! I had a nice bowl of squash for dinner last night...it was yummy!

So Twizz did you rescue that horse? I am on that slaughterhouse site worth FB and there are SO MANY available! I had no idea that so many horses that sold at auctions were bought by meat buyers! I guess if you cant afford to feed them....but so terrible!

I guess I better get moving...fire wont go cause the wood is too wet...only solution is to get on some warm clothes and start working!

Have a great day! TerriO

Happy Monday everyone!!

Terri: Great looking squash crop. This was our first year growing Hubbards and our's are not as dark green - more of a light sage green color. I haven't brought in any of our squash yet - not sure if they will survive tonight's freeze, so guess I'll be gathering squash after work. Maybe I'll get home and find hubby took care of it . . .

Bigfam: Good to see you back on line - I missed your pervy & entertaining barbs and comments
pop.gif

Late lunch today - so thought I'd take a quick peak to see what's happening with the Cheesy Peeps. Stay warm and happy
thumbsup.gif

Well, Mr Gibs survived his neutering and Lily (the new rabbit) is adapting pretty well outdoors. She has a strong appetite!!!! It must be because her body is adapting to the temperature difference and maintaining a healthy core temp. The two of them are hopping around together!

My two chicks appear to be both female at this point. No prominent combs! It does look like we have a buff orpington and a solid black cuckoo maran. They are impossible to capture a picture of, but I'll keep trying!

I'm having a hard time, with this round of chickens, keeping the waterer clean. Ugh! Any suggestions? They are scratching at the litter inside their coop and knocking up the debris everywhere...into the water.

We are at freezing temps here too. Heat is on, I'm gonna get out my winter clothes, and I'm not ready for winter at all. The pumpkins, tomatoes, and zucchini are still growing (albeit slowly), so I haven't prepped for the spring garden yet.

Other news, I cut my hair short, for those that know me, and I am loving it!

To- I'll take some squash if you get sick of it!!!

Back
Top Bottom