Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Did you have to give Ace money to dispose of the 5G bucket of paint? I wonder if you can take an almost empty 5G bucket and dump all the left overs in it and have them dispose of it - Any idea if this works?
It cost $8 for a 5G bucket and yes you can combine all latex paint into one 5G and have them dispose of it. Call ahead to find which Ace has paint disposal.

Hummm.... nobody posted
sad.png

Well other than the now snowy tom that was not wanting to go in at lock down, I got nothing to say..... Night All!

Oh, and I HATE WINDOWS 8!!!!
he.gif

Last edited:
It cost $8 for a 5G bucket and yes you can combine all latex paint into one 5G and have them dispose of it. Call ahead to find which Ace has paint disposal.

Very cool...thanks. I told my DH about this and he said that he doesn't know which paint we don't need yet, so I guess we are keeping it all. And I think like chickenscratch said, 90% of it was left by the previous owners.. and it was a huge amount.

so I candled all the eggs last night and found that one was cracked and had a slight round hole that does NOT go into the membrane...I coated it with wax, but that all melted off in the bator...should I pull that one or leave it? It did have veining. Also, tossed one that had the ring of death :( Lot's look good, several need another candling to be sure one way or another.

Morning all,

One more day of snow and we will be in the top 5 snowiest winters ever!! From my goal oriented side.. go snow! From my sun loving side, seriously?

Looks like it's going to be like every other day; work, come home and cook dinner, help with homework and then maybe a little me time to play on the computer, sew something or crochet.

I have an idea, if everyone would post 1 nature picture (chicken, livestock, yard, just the outside), it would keep my spirits up during the day!! - When life gets stressful, I usually text my DH that I need a chicken pic, if he's home (which he works from home on some days), he'll snap one and send it to me.

How did I pick a career where I'm stuck inside all day. :-(

Last edited:
so I candled all the eggs last night and found that one was cracked and had a slight round hole that does NOT go into the membrane...I coated it with wax, but that all melted off in the bator...should I pull that one or leave it? It did have veining. Also, tossed one that had the ring of death :( Lot's look good, several need another candling to be sure one way or another.

I read someplace where someone put on nail polish... that seems harsh to me, but it might work. Anyone here ever try nail polish?

Quote: nail polish, super glue, gorilla glue , elmers glue, melted crayon.,,
I have never done any of this.. I just toss cracked eggs , usually..
but, I have thought of mixing a paste of plain water and flour or water and corn starch ..
If you do Dr a crack. watch it closely.. those are the ones that go stinky first... if it goes stinky , get it out of the bater, right now..

to avoid cracked eggs in the bator, candle the eggs before you put them into the bator,, at least then, you can still use the egg in the kitchen ..

I don't know if it kept snowing last night or not.. it was still dark when I got up..

I am drinking the last cuppa from the pot,, It is just not cutting it.. I am going up to make a fresh cuppa..

.......jiminwisc7AMgoodmorning ......

I've used nail polish before and it had no adverse affect. Personally, unless I really don't have many eggs to incubate and/or the egg in question is of particular importance, I don't let them stay in the bator. The gasses emitted from decomposition of the embryo can and usually does adversely affect the other embryos in your bator.

Kind regards,
Kevin

nail polish, super glue, gorilla glue , elmers glue, melted crayon.,,
I have never done any of this.. I just toss cracked eggs , usually..
but, I have thought of mixing a paste of plain water and flour or water and corn starch ..
If you do Dr a crack. watch it closely.. those are the ones that go stinky first... if it goes stinky , get it out of the bater, right now..

to avoid cracked eggs in the bator, candle the eggs before you put them into the bator,, at least then, you can still use the egg in the kitchen ..

I don't know if it kept snowing last night or not.. it was still dark when I got up..

I am drinking the last cuppa from the pot,, It is just not cutting it.. I am going up to make a fresh cuppa..

.......jiminwisc7AMgoodmorning ......
Hey Jim,

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. I've never made my own seed tapes before, but I should think toilet paper would work find, as well as using a flour based slurry for "gluing" it together. I once saw a seed disbursement tool specifically designed for very small seeds, (carrots, lettuce, etc), but I'll have to dig around to see where I saw it. lol.

Kind regards,
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom