Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Be careful, soon you will have accomidations for way more chickens than you want..

I went into the garage today and slipped through the door.
I forgot to tell Annie.. I will tell her later when she calls from work.. she seldom goes in there, but there always is a chance.

a few days ago there was someone p'ing and moaning about not being able to find quail. never heard from them before, or since.

.......jiminwisc.......

I had plans for this for some time now but we didn't get it started until a friend asked me to board her chickens for a couple of months while they are in South America. After I move my flock in there I can move the Ruskies from the tractor to the old coop.

I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you slipped!

I hope this works. Too funny! Talk about recycling.

12662658_1021482057898211_8538377365129617636_n.jpg

That's a hilarious pop out door! I love the sense of humor in that!

that is one clever poop door .

No, I did not hurt myself slipping and sliding through the doorway. but Annie has a way of falling or almost falling because she is always running at full throttle..

all cuppa'd up already.. have extra gas for Ollie in preparation for the snow.
that storm has to do some northerly tracking to hit the Nort woods. maybe we will be spared ?

.........jiminwisc.........

Love your bunny set-up CS!

Dang it's cold! Someday I will live in a toasty house that does not require plastic on the windows!

On the flip side, my cousin is moving to WI!!!! She found an awesome house on 16 acres just over the border near Salem. She is already planning on her chickens!
smile.png

Never been to a swap meet like you guys are talking about. I am SW Wisconsin. Anyone know of a swap down here? What kind of prices do chicks and chickens go for at one?

Hey strangers! I haven't been on here in awhile (talk to my BYC peeps on FB though) and wanted to say Hi-and catch up :)
frow.gif
BigZio

ETA: How many of you remove your roos spurs? trim them? or just leave them alone?

Idk if anyone will have any insights but I just thought about it and decided to ask: since moving to the cooler all 30 of our birds have stopped using the roosts, now the silkies have never roosted and their two hatch mates seldom have but I still thought it odd that only accounts for 8 of the 30 anyone have any insights? It's just such a funny sight walking in and all 30 are in three or four huddles or piles around the room has anyone else ever encountered this?

Hello all! In the midst of preparing for a musical tomorrow, I'm working on trying to get prices together for some friends. I could really use some help. My neighbor and I share 5 acres with our duplex. I have some friends that would really love to go in on a "meat chicken co-op", but they want to hear prices for the long term, as in how much would 1 meat chicken cost after its butchered. Whats all your experience, anyone keep records? We are planning to tractor on about 2 acres I think, as I have egg chickens currently and neighbor is going to start too, plus I'm hoping to plant a garden. Suggestions, thoughts? best hatchery to go through for meaties? With living in the Green Bay area, what would be the best time frame for ordering and raising? I was thinking order in April and keep inside tilll end may, then start hauling them around the yard?

Quote:

This is getting weird to me
I've never heard of registering a flock,or chickens,but I'm new to the chicken world. I don't register my dog,cat,or firearms,so good luck getting me to register my chicken(s)!.

Quote: I was going to answer so many things but holy cow I ended up being so many pages behind I decided they must have ben answered 20 times already.

CC I hope your arm is all better now. Cind, I also hope your thrush is gone. I missed all other illnesses and injuries. If you have them..get well soon.

The cottage is coming along slowly. It seems like it will take me forever, but I am moving in as soon as my bedroom is finished..when ever that is. I can finish the rest of the things living there.
I have all of the painting done in the bedroom, and I am working on removing all of the half round trim. I think I have all of the staples out. I will use leveler on the floor than lay the new floor.

I miss my birds..

No bug bite, I'm thinking allergy. Swelling has decreased thank god.

Kind of off season for bug bites, I would think.

I had that once . we were loading big windows onto a truck and I got my elbow crammed against the grill work covering the truck's rear window. I swelled up from my elbow to the finger tips.. Dr said it was Strep I think. apparently infection from the cuts on my elbow.
No lifting, light duty for a week.

..........jiminwisc...........

Calm before the snow to all.....good to hear things are better CS and Cind. Love the pic Robin, it is a great idea.

Dang, we are in the heart of the storm coming...wish I lived more North where they never seem to get the brunt anymore, and passed it to the South where we don't want it..... LOL!

Great job Irish...you are gonna love the new facilities.

Lady was killed in Shawano this morning...she slid into a semi hauling sand....It was slippery as heck around here to today.

Fired up the weber again tonight...made a 2" thick ham steak...turned out wonderful and scallop potatoes, home canned beets and a tossed salad....can't beat eating at home.

stay safe....bigz

Back
Top Bottom