Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

hi all, or few,
we still have 4 boys and 5 girls.
tomorrow a family is coming to pick up a pup.
we don't know it they will take a boy or girl.

on wed morning one of the girls is flying to OR. waaay over to the west side.
she flies out of Mosinee at about 5:30 AM and gets to Oregon at 4:30 PM.

I am waiting for a lady to email me back about a girl. she already has a year old boy

I didn't do any work outside today because they predicted lots of rain.
a few drops came down. nothing I couldn't have worked around.

//////jiminwisc.......

the

A few of our chickens are laying sporadically. We've gotten a total of maybe 10 eggs over a week. High number is 3 in one day.
It's exciting and a little intimidating! Whatever will I do with all those eggs when they all start laying?
My garden is a mess, the tomatoes are way too close and overgrown, it's hard to get at anything ripe and things are slow to ripen b/c of little airflow and sun. :barnie
I'm feeling overwhelmed at the moment, I guess.
I think... I have no incubator, how will I hatch eggs? I have no brooder for them... I have no way to separate the chickens I want to breed from the rest even! What am I thinking????
The rabbits are fine. DH had me put an ad on Craigslist for Custom built hutches and we've had 3 inquiries about them this weekend.
I should build chicken coops too, then I'd have a place to put my blrw's when I want to breed them.
But my new job is kicking my arse right now. Just trying to learn everything and I come home exhausted.
DH is doing a roofing job right now that was only supposed to take 2 days... he's on day 4 and not home yet, so I worry it will bleed into day 5.
He won't walk away until it's done and it's just not nearly as profitable as we'd hoped. But I suppose it'll pay for the pex pipe we need for the wood burner.
Ugh, sooooooo tired right now. Gonna put the chickens in and go to bed.
Take care all,
jean

Jean, don't despair.
how would you like to be 75 yrs old and feel like that ? :old
I just gave up on the garden. from now on it is just harvest what we can get at and ta heck wit da weeds..

We had a pup disappear last night.
she didn't show up for the 7 PM feeding.
this morning she was back. all muddy and matted. must have slept under the deck and it rained a little.
this afternoon we brought her in and gave her a bath, dried her off with a couple of big towels and then took the blow dryer to her.
she loved all the attention. fell asleep on my lap wrapped in a dry towel and slept for over an hour. I didn't mind holding her because I got a little nap time in too..
I think she is going to Dubuque on Sat ,
Aug 26..

have a lady from Tomahawk coming to have a look at the pups this week.

.........jiminwisc.......

After all this time...... we have a house. Nothing that we thought we would get, but one with tons of potential!

The 14 acres is a bust; those people can rot. So uncooperative and rude..... they can keep their place.

We have an accepted offer on a ranch home built in 1975, that sits on 5 acres. The place is a time capsule; nothing has changed since it was built!

Will keep you all posted on our progress; happy we will hopefully be settled soon.

Oh yes; the house is outside of Lake Geneva.....

good morning,
Mel, :wee:ya:celebratewe all are happy for you..
5 acres is plenty to take care of, and you will have room for many many call ducks ..

Gary is coming for his puppy this morning.
I hope he takes a boy. maybe I should hide the girls and tell him all I have left are boys.
:oops: ......jiminwisc....

ETA: Mel, I just had an after thought.
If you didn't already notify those people that you bought a different place, I wouldn't mention it to them. or to the realtor either . Let them go on thinking they have you guessing.
just being my spiteful old self..

Last edited:
Nice morning here so far...congrats on the house bl4, I'm sure you will be glad the commute is almost over.
Hope Gary shows for you Jim. One of your pups will be just up the road from me then.
Plenty to do...better get going.

bigz

Oh, I'm sure Gary will show up. He is just chomping at the bit. LOL
He said he would be leaving around 9AM.
right about now..
Maybe the pup will drop over to visit you occasionally ,

.......jiminwisc......

Gary was here and left an hour ago..took a big girl puppy.
leaves only 3 girls left to choose from.
If the two ladies who said they were coming, actually show up. then there will be only one girl left.
the ad hit the shopper paper today. should get some calls off of that .

I worked on the grading a little after the puppy left. have about 2 feet to go.
the knee pads I bought are a life saver.
only the rubber straps across the back of my legs pulls the hairs. that really burns. but still better than kneeling on tiny rocks.

........jiminwisc........

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom