Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Today was kraut canning day. 26 quarts..... I am ready for a nap.

7102D984-6491-4A98-89E8-71CE04DD25BE.jpeg

92ABDED0-F4F4-4734-BBA3-638631CD5B31.jpeg

4E192A2A-9B6F-4666-A372-83CA9B7897EE.jpeg

that's a pint per week.. don't light a match in any confined spaces in the house..
Today I went to the VFW ham/turkey give away. we took a ham.. it is frozen but it still smells good from the smoke..
afterwards we went and bought hops and powdered malt to make some beer. The guy printed a recipe for me. I wanted Grolsch . He found something that might be close.. with this first batch, I am just hoping it turns out good. Later on I can start tweaking recipes.
I haven't made beer for over 40 years.
ask me,, "am I bored ?"
.....jiminwaUSAu......

That's kinda funny bl4..we froze our kraut today. It turned out perfect again. Saved some in a bean pot with a fresh ring of venison farmer sausage for supper. The house smells wonderful and I'm getting hungry.
Hope the beer project turns out well for yo Jim!
Go Badgers!

Stay Safe...bigz

I am holding off making the beer until I have enough bottles. I have some flip top bottles in the lean to. I might have to find some more somewhere .. I need about 40 of them.
We cooked the army ham for supper. It was very good. Lots left over. had sweet potatoes, stove top dressing, and brussels sprouts with it
......jiminwaUSAu.....

ETA:
Annie and Dan went behind the garage into the big lean to. They retrieved my Grolsch flip top bottles
there are 61 of them. I need about 40.. what a relief, they cost about
$3/ea ..
I have a lot of washing to do.
......jiminwaUSAu.......

Last edited:
whoops, something happened and I lost all of my
quick responses from byc. If someone would post
on here, I would be back in the loop. thanks.
Yesterday I washed all 58 beer bottles. I have them stored in 6 each 3 gallon plastic pails with covers. That should keep them clean until I need to sanitize them.
I also started the 3rd batch of wine.
I am here to tell you, Standing at the kitchen sink is hard on one's back..
......jiminwaUSAu......

good morning,
Brent, this batch will take four weeks of fermenting. Then bottling. Probably a week or two more..
I have to coordinate this batch of beer against the wine I have going. I don't want everything to be ready at the same time.

Annie and Dan butchered the rooster yesterday.. No more 4AM wake up calls.
All I did was cut his throat, They did the rest.
.....jiminwaUSAu........

Yup, maybe some day we can have the bash again. that home brew will come in handy then.
All I need is a new good thermometer to start the beer brewing.
I was just outside with Dan. He spotted an ermine on my trailer. Too bad, so sad, the chickens are all gone.. They put the rooster in the freezer yesterday.
....jiminwaUSAu......

Back
Top Bottom