Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

🤣 Jim you crack me up!

Yes, all of the above. The different hues help the bees ‘see’ the correct hive. If they were all white that would make things more difficult.

I feel like I should call them the ‘Pride’ hives. 😂

woke up at four, got up at five, will be ready for a nap at ten.
bought a new post pounder. can't find my old one. Dan put it away. He doesn't remember where.
My neighbor hauls honey bees to Texas on a semi. all of his hives are white.
going to have my annual check up this morning. He will ask me how I am. Shouldn't he tell me how I am ? I am going to ask him for a pill to cure old age.

Hope all is well with everyone.
First hatch started with 41 had 6 infertile and out of 35 lost 4 and 31 hatched. Daughter did her school FFA project on hatching eggs. Incubator is cleaned and drying out getting ready for another run. Oh, also sold 15 of them on craigslist and gave 1 extra away. Thats 30 bucks towards chicken feed.
This weekend will be putting the chicks with the others.
More rain today, did my first plating the 15th with sweet corn, but have to wonder if any will pop up since it tuned cool and so much rain. Supersweet corn does not like cool wet ground. So I may have to replant, will see.
Friend gave me address of Amish said they kill clean birds buck each. I will have to take a drive and check this out, if true I will have to hatch couple more batches. I am not fond of cleaning birds. Buck bird cheap, gas getting there not so.
Had light frost couple nights hope it did not damage fruit trees as they were in flower or finished flowering. Couple trees still have alot of blooms so I think I am okay. Covered tomatoes and other plants so good there.
Hope for some warmer dry weather.
Put my 4 silkie roosters on craigslist for free, hope someone takes them. They are like the band of brothers. They now attack my 2 Brahma roosters from all sides. The silkies are like little sports cars, man are they fast.
Take care all.

Hope all is well with everyone.
First hatch started with 41 had 6 infertile and out of 35 lost 4 and 31 hatched. Daughter did her school FFA project on hatching eggs. Incubator is cleaned and drying out getting ready for another run. Oh, also sold 15 of them on craigslist and gave 1 extra away. Thats 30 bucks towards chicken feed.
This weekend will be putting the chicks with the others.
More rain today, did my first plating the 15th with sweet corn, but have to wonder if any will pop up since it tuned cool and so much rain. Supersweet corn does not like cool wet ground. So I may have to replant, will see.
Friend gave me address of Amish said they kill clean birds buck each. I will have to take a drive and check this out, if true I will have to hatch couple more batches. I am not fond of cleaning birds. Buck bird cheap, gas getting there not so.
Had light frost couple nights hope it did not damage fruit trees as they were in flower or finished flowering. Couple trees still have alot of blooms so I think I am okay. Covered tomatoes and other plants so good there.
Hope for some warmer dry weather.
Put my 4 silkie roosters on craigslist for free, hope someone takes them. They are like the band of brothers. They now attack my 2 Brahma roosters from all sides. The silkies are like little sports cars, man are they fast.
Take care all.
Could we get some pics of the chicks? I lost notification to this thread again. The lunar eclipse pics were beautiful!

I am up again at five AM. I can't remember the last time I slept for more than five hours in a row.
Dr appt yesterday went OK. Blood sugar is a little high. everything else is normal. He prescribed muscle relaxers for the pinched nerve in my neck. I would rather have someone massage it.
that sounded like an OK chick hatch. one hundred percent is not always possible. I think people who claim one hundred percent consistently are liars.
looks like rain and gloom again today.
I think all of my blossoms came through the frost OK. With the cold and rain I wonder if the bees did their job ?

Hey guys! How is everyone? Been a long time. Is there a BYC bash this year? I still have the white elephant :lau
Anyone selling chicks and guineas? Looking at ordering birds but OMG the prices 😱 plus the minimum order for guineas is 30! :barnie
Looking for anything in particular? For guineas, I've got around 30 keets due to hatch around June 20th. I'm not experienced enough yet to breed specific colors but the eggs are from my flock that includes Pearl Gray, White, Lavender, Royal Purple, Pinto, Blonde, and Violet. I've also got tons of fertilized eggs if you wanted to incubate them yourself. For chickens, I just hatched some chicks about 2 weeks ago but only have 4 or 5 left -- Barnyard Mix. Another batch will start incubating this weekend -- mostly Wyandotte x Ameraucana and a couple of Araucana x Ameraucana. DM for more info!

Allen, it will take you a couple of years to sort out that flock of guineas
I had guineas for many years.
once I developed an all white flock
It takes time and patience.
I used to incubate and sell up to 300 keets per season.
guinea hens are very poor mothers.
Keets are very independent and often won't stay with their mothers.
You have to keep the keets from getting wet like from the morning dew. I always kept my keets in the nursery until they were several weeks old.

I put a T post together for the grape vine today. It did not go well . took too long and did not look neat when I got er done. I will try plan B tomorrow. but I will be using U posts in the future.
Yesterday I got frost bite on three fingers. really.... I had wet hands and I went to get some ice cubes out of the freezer.. They stuck to my fingers.. I had to run water on my fingers to make them let go.
It hurt like heck until late today. They still tingle and itch right now.
try it, it's fun.

Busy weekend here cleaning up my moms flower beds and doing some tree trimming. She has some shrub roses that have been severely neglected, so they were heavily pruned and all the extra grass removed. Then the maple tree got a nice haircut and looks nice and neatened up, you can now mow the lawn without getting hit in the face with tree branches…..

Hubs has a chipper vac mower, so we were able to shred all the tree trimmings into some much needed mulch. The rose canes will be thrown onto the black walnut stump and burned.

Set my mom up with a nice new American flag today, now we need to take down the diy flagpole aka lightening rod……

Busy weekend here cleaning up my moms flower beds and doing some tree trimming. She has some shrub roses that have been severely neglected, so they were heavily pruned and all the extra grass removed. Then the maple tree got a nice haircut and looks nice and neatened up, you can now mow the lawn without getting hit in the face with tree branches…..

Hubs has a chipper vac mower, so we were able to shred all the tree trimmings into some much needed mulch. The rose canes will be thrown onto the black walnut stump and burned.

Set my mom up with a nice new American flag today, now we need to take down the diy flagpole aka lightening rod……
Mel, I sent you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom