Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

We still getting stuff, tomatoes, even found some sweet corn and used in chili and ate some. Kernels getting little stiffer but not to bad. Still plenty sweet. Hard frost i think coming Friday looks like.

Have not had ladybug invasion yet.
Ive seen a few ladybugs but not an invasion yet.

Jim that leanto looks great! I hope you're able to get your forks fixed. I wanted to tell you that the dinner roll recipe you shared here ages ago is a staple at our house and I had the opportunity to make bigger buns for our rotisserie chicken the other day when we had guests--homemade rolls, homegrown chicken...it was a great tasty day!

Jeff wants to make forks for our tractor too. Seasons are changing too fast, we're getting so overwhelmed. Our chicken run isn't done yet and the roof has a leak! The kids have to get banging on that firewood stack too. Working full time and handling all this is for the birds.

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpeg
    IMG_2143.jpeg
    437 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2144.jpeg
    IMG_2144.jpeg
    784.4 KB · Views: 2
Yup, I got the fork fixed. Used them today to move that
heavy table. that's all I did outside. not ready for this
drop in temperature.

I seldom make rolls anymore. Nobody in this house
eats bread except for me.
I make some for thanksgiving when the kids
come for dinner.

@babylady4 your bathroom looks great! Want to come do mine ;) lol

If anyone is interested I have 2 Polish hens (white crested) I am looking to rehome. They just started to molt. They are bonded and have been together since hatch day in March 2021. One has since like 12 weeks old had her head feathers either picked out or they don't grow. She hasn't had any side effects from them. They are bottom of the pecking order here. Re-doing the breeds in my flock and these were a lock of my daughters but not what I wanted. Thanks! (Western WI area)

BL4. that bathroom is just the reverse of ours.
She is going to appreciate that extra tall toilet.
We have grab bars all over . We have a handicapped
person who lives with us. we have a group home.
is that table a double drop leaf ? My bro had one in his
tiny kitchen. he seldom opened it up. they ate in the dining room.
just had coffee in the kitchen or light lunches.
the table I have my computer set up on is a small
double drop leaf table. with one leaf up it is about the size
of a card table.
btw, I have a new recipe for potato rolls. one of these days
I will post it.
learned a trick for pie crust, too.
for half of the liquid, use vodka. try it, you will like it.

Yes it is Jim; we need the extra counter space once in a while so now we can use this table to fit the bill. It was in pretty rough shape, somebody tried to paint it then somebody made an attempt to strip the top….

6109F5D2-A170-4217-8B1C-EFCF65955430.jpeg

The bathroom was a disaster…. And with my mom not getting any younger, the tub had to go. The floating laminate floor is such a nice improvement over the slick peel and stick tiles that were there previously. There is texture on the surface of the new floor so it will not be slick when it is wet. The only new cabinet in the room is the vanity; a FB market find that was a disaster when I bought it for a bargain $20. The previous setup with the cabinets had huge gaps between the walls and the vanity which equates to a lot of wasted space. Once we put everything together tightly we could fit the new larger vanity in and even though it was a huge change we did not need to move any plumbing.

Keedokes, you’ll have to share that recipe!!!!!

Been busy remodeling my moms bathroom….. it is finally almost done.

View attachment 3284252

And in my spare time, refinished a small table for my mom too.

View attachment 3284253
The bathroom looks amazing! Looks almost like one i helped do before but that one has cement tiles instead of wood or laminate flooring.

Back
Top Bottom