Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
Don't feel bad, you need to do what is best for you and forget about the comments others may make- I know that can be hard some times. It is an adjustment when adding another baby and a juggling act! Heck my kids are 11, 9 and 6 years old and I don't like to take them out in public all the time either
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Hens and roos) Thanks, I needed someone else to say they do the same. Plus, I've only been out of the hospital for a week and a half now, I am not going to tote them all around town by myself! Add on sleepless nights, barely eating, and depression and yeah...I think just managing to be home with a level-head (most of the time) is amazing for me to be doing right now!!

She responded that I have to get used to taking 2 kids around and can't always put one in daycare if I got stuff to do. That she takes her daughter and god daughter everywhere. I told her to stop attacking me about the subject and questioning what I do with my kids. I have taken them out together, just not to the doctors office together. She doesn't know that i've been home with them for every breathing moment since we got out of the hospital, and yes once in awhile I just need a break from the constant questions/nos/whinning/3 year old-ness!! Bad mom moment I guess.

I think I just need to say I've only been out of the hospital a week and a half now!! What the heck errands is she expecting me to have been running with a brand new newborn anyways?!?!

Quote:
I guess we all can't be super human
wink.png
A week and a half is still very new and it's bad is you over due it. With my youngest, my parents came to help and stayed for 2 weeks which I am forever greatful for as I would get the back muscle spasms so bad that it would bring me to my knees and DH was working long days as we are self-employed. I can remember trying to shift on the couch with him and one hit and my mom happend to look over at me from the kitchen and ask what was wrong. I couldn't say anything because of the pain and I remember my Dad yellling- get the baby from her, get the baby from her so she doesn't drop him!! Things will get better as you feel better and yes do try and nap when the kids do!!!
hugs.gif

Personally I don't think you need to explain your actions to anyone, it's your life and your kids. There is no one correct way to handle a situation and there is no reason for you to have to justify making the day run more smoothly. I'd ignore them and file them under "too obtuse to bother with" and go on about my life. They'll only get to you if you let them. Opinions are like arse-holes, as they say...everyone's got one.

I know what you're going through. I've got a 10 month old who has opinions and is going mobile and I have a very independent and active 2 year old. It is 10 times more work and more unpredictable to take them both out by myself than either one or the other. One is a breeze, 2 is exponentially more difficult when neither are old enough to reliably direct verbally. You've only got so many hands and I am with you, I am not one to constantly scream at my kids pretending to make them behave. They're babies, they explore, I never want to squash that inquisitiveness. However, it can get exhausting...like trying to herd cats, so I pick my battles and always stack the deck in my favor to avoid battles when able. Not only is it easier on me that way, it's less stress on the boys.

Let those unwanted opinions roll off your back, it's only making your life miserable. They can only hurt you if you let them. If it wasn't that, they'd find something else to pick at. It's not worth the stress. Who cares what they think, anyway. You've got beautiful kids, all is right with the world.

One of my favorite sayings - "I don't know what their problem is, I like me just fine."

My techs call it the "Hurley Bubble". It works for me, especially in the choas that can occur at an emergency/specialty facility. But hey, in my bubble all is right in my little universe, got my boys, got my hubby, my chickies, my dogs, my snakes, my acreage. The rest of that stuff can't touch me.
wink.png
It'll only get to you if you let it.

Raiquee, you do what you need to do to keep YOUR sanity! Heck, I am grateful when people DO make the effort to rope in their kids misbehavior in public! I cannot believe what people will let their kids do while they are out shopping; I was out one time and there was a kid screaming the entire time I was in the store (you could hear him all the way over on the opposite side of the Wal-Mart). When I had to go past them, the parents were just sitting there letting the kid scream. Sorry but that does not fly with me, take that kid out! NOBODY wants to listen to that! You tell your family they should try to go shopping with 4 kids.
tongue.png

Put your feet up lady and let you DH help you out!

Raiquee,
hugs.gif
My girls were 16 months apart and even though it was long ago, I remember how tough some days were.
My girls loved daycare and it's good for them to socialize with others their age, so there was no harm in what you did. It gave you a break, gave your 3 year old something stimulating to do and made the day easier for everyone. You have nothing to defend! Do what YOU need to do to make things easier and use the "unfriend" button when necessary!

Sorry to hijack the thread everyone, but thank you for your stories. It makes me feel better. I texted the babysitter and asked her if I was bad for dropping off Damien and she said no. I know i'm not, but I just hate when people need to corner me for not even making a posting that could provoke an angry responce. I was just updating what I was doing today! That's all!

DH helps me a lot actually, it's just all new for us again ya know? DH helps the most by bringing home a paycheck
wink.png
I thought for sure he was still gonna be unemployed during my maternity leave! Which, in hindsight, would have been easier on me....buuuut, I much perfer he work than us both being home.

I could very easily call her out on FB about how badly she yells at her daughter, but i'm not on FB to fight with people. I am there to update our family members on whats going on in our lives. Not to be judged, not to get in a fight, just...to tell you how my life is. Is it that difficult?

Off to make dinner. Venison steak sandwiches with grilled tomato, onion and arugula and a horseradish-dijon mustard cream sauce. YUM! Tryin' a new recipe.

Raiquee, I'm sorry I don't have much to say, but I did want to let you know that I'm thinking of you. I know well how hard it is.

Another Maran out! www.blogtv.com/people/creamcityhens

Meet Tonks, Luna, and Ginevra! I've got a Maran and a EE pipped, too! Wooohooooo!!!

Last edited:
Hi fellow Wisconsinites. I am hoping that someone can help me find a silkie or cochin bantam hen to add to my flock. Color does not matter. I have a lone splash silkie hen right now who needs company. I live in the Madison area, but am willing to drive an hour or so if I need to.

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom