Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Evening All... couple pics to share of my white women coming in for a treat.
They seem to know where the hand outs are coming!
182_b.jpg

Big mistake when the patio door is open.

182_a.jpg

Jennie stopped and helped today...she is the best!

182_009.jpg

shanti, it was nice to meet you...Sorry I didn't ask you to sign my shirt...next year, maybe?

Hey there Bigz, how do you determine sex on Buckeyes? You have some dontcha? I have 5 6-wk-olds, haven't a clue. I see your birds rule the roost!

Cutecutecute pic shanti!

Welcome loads of eggs!! I think we'll call you LOE
lol.png

It takes a little longer amyable...they are truly hard to tell for sure til a few more weeks. look for the redder combs and the birds with the largest feet and leg shafts, as well as the tail with it's roo tell tail sign. Mine are 13 weeks and I think Terri was able to select the right ones....
wink.png
I enjoy the friendly breed that winters well here. Hope you have the same feelings with them.

welcome-byc.gif
Loads, happy to have you join our craziness
wink.png

bigzio i see you don't treat the ladies very well
lau.gif

shanti your little one sure has a good Mommy
love.gif
I looked for you and you were gone, I understand about the chores getting done and wanting to get your new little one home.
TO so sorry about your loss. The Torts look so cool how big are they?
The pictures of the Bash are great ! Sure was fun.
Susie

Yeah great pic of me and BL4. You know me Bigz, love my pic taken.
tongue.png
lol.png
Love the pictures, glad to see I'm not the only one with chickens knocking at the back door for hand outs. BL4- You can ride one of mine. You will be just fine, all you will have to do is sit in the saddle and she will do the rest. No she will not take off on you and no she will not be stupid. She is my DD8's horse and the my other girl just gave DD4 a ride tonight. They are pretty good girls. When we go we will contact you for sure.
wink.png
You guys with your baby ducks are making me crazy! I want them soooo bad, but I think DH would blow a gasket. Maybe next year I can work something out. We will see how the pheasant fair over the winter. One new bird at a time. Ok off to do chores. Later

Well my cochin bantam has 4 little ones hatched out so far. one seemed to open up, OR was in a thin shell and it was fully formed, but not ready to hatch and was dead.
I am hopeful on a few more will hatch. I will perhaps bring them home if she abandons the nest OR stick them under the duck.
I am and have been dizzy for a couple of hours now. Off to bed with me in about an hour.
Have a great night all.
Carol

Aw man! 6 pages to catch up on???????? Make that 7.......
Raim, thank you so much for the cool T-shirt & for all your & your DH's hard work. Next year I think I'd better get a smaller size, though. (And I'd love it in pink).
big_smile.png
(I only got 11 siggys too). So sorry to hear about your DH. I sure hope he is ok.
I see I wasn't the only one who had a fiasco prior to making it to the bash. But it was well worth the chaos! What a great time meeting some wonderful people. I am so happy we made it
hugs.gif

Bigz had whiskey?!?!?!? He was holding out on me?!?!? Hmmm.... That might explain everyone elses hangover & my lack thereof.
big_smile.png
Those cherries weren't bad, though, once you were done choking.
wink.png
Next year I'll bring a gallon of sangria for those cherries. Yummy!
How did I know FT & Cind would be up half the night? Guess FT didn't have enough whiskey nips that evening.
lol.png

Cind, I am so sorry to hear about your son's troubles with his roomie. At least you knew it was coming. Hope that all works out ok. And I am so happy your DH had a good time! My DH thought he'd be bored at the bash too, but I knew better. He can talk chicken with the best of 'em, whether he wants to admit it or not.
gig.gif
And I really liked your dog. He was very well behaved, as was everyone's dogs. They were all on their best behaviors, it seemed.
No worries, Jim & FT. Hubby didn't see or feel the stares. He does resemble a lot of people out there. He's German, though, not Italian, but a ton of people mistake him for Italian with the dark hair, skin & eyes. He had a blast, BTW. He sent me an e-mail from work on Mon. telling me to tell you all that he had a great time chatting with everyone. Thank you all for making him feel so at ease. You're all so nice! And Bigz, he enjoyed chatting with you, and really loved your ven. jerky, as did I. Awesome job!
Quote:
Between the 2 of us, I think we can take him, FT.
lau.gif

Carol, last I heard, 2 plates are not required in WI, unless they changed the law & didn't inform anyone?
hu.gif

NOONE signed Jim's T? Well, who's fault was that, Mr. I-hid-behind-the-cars-until-after-6pm?
MLH, fire up that incubator. You know you want to!
gig.gif

TO, great pics! And sorry to hear you've got a predator lurking. I sure hope he vacates soon.
welcome-byc.gif
loadsofeggs! Happy to have you join us!
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
You're too funny!
Wow! Those are some big gals, Bigz. I can see why you let them in. They'd break down the door otherwise. Maybe Jim will let you borrow his dog-proof screen door sometime.
I love all the pics, but I really need the bash pic to be labeled with everyone's names. I am just horrible trying to remember names to faces.
old.gif

I can't do Aug. 20th for a southern bash. Sorry.
Also sorry about the half-a-page post, people.
hide.gif

Yikes, I sure hope you are feeling better soon, Carol. Take care of yourself.
Edited to add: Also congrats on the hatch!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom