Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Sorry to be redundant but Awww cute puppies! Forgot to mention before that I had to go back and look at that pic of TO riding, thought when I saw it, it was a pic of Julia Roberts from Conspiracy Theory.
wink.png
Cold seeds are in the ground!
ya.gif
Pretty sure I saw an egg rock.
clap.gif
First load of wood is in the shed
yippiechickie.gif
Mail and eggs are collected too late for lunch might as well have a beer and take a quick nap before L gets home. It started to rain just as I was covering the Case and I got the neatest phone call. It was the oldest DD of a lady that loves chickens where L works and I have gotten to know her over the last couple of years. She gave me a porcelin chicken statue which adorns the top of the TV. I get my straw from her son who lives next door to his BIL whom I've known for years. They are the ones who I helped clean up a little after those tornado's came through. I went to school with the other DD. Anyway to make a long story longer the oldest DD called to tell me that her mom wanted her to ask me if I would be one of the pallbearers at her funeral.
ep.gif
I almost went into shock! She's such a neat lady, doesn't mince her words, either. I told the DD that I would proudly accept the honor. Still can't believe it! I'm an Ahole. From stories I've heard she could be one too Hmmmm. Was planning on taking some of the hatchlings in for the folks early next week. Once again I'll make sure she gets to hold one the whole time I'm there, her sight is about gone but I know she'll love to hold it. Chickens are so fricken cool!

Good afternoon--just got back from work and am taking a little break before going outside to see if my feed got rained on under the tarp! Man--I am ticked that they day is nearly gone...I went to the vet this morning to pick up the intake papers so I could drive my bird out to Madison for a necropsy...decided to wait until I got a sample from the JRT cause she has been having bloody stools...got that. Took it in and got the papers, took the bird to Madison and didnt have too much trouble finding the lab. On the way home the vat called and said that my dog has hookworms and whipworms. Yeah, I figured. Then he said I should probably treat all the dogs. (6) I gave him the weights. Then I asked about the cats. He said WTH, treat them all. (10) So instead of going home and unloading feed I go directly to the office. $190 later I leave with the medicine. NO time to go home so I went to the grocery store next door to the clinic and did the shopping for the week and then went to my client's place. Sheesh, I feel like I have been gone forever! Now of course it is pouring and I wanted to get at that feed as soon as I got home...I home it's not too wet!

Nice shot of the pups Jim! I see how they look like her leg! I counted and then realized that one was a leg...same thing I did with one of my 4hers whose yellow lab just had pups! I think she had 7 too. 'Tis the season!
Yes EL--the babies do not stay cute for any species IMHO! But the good Lord made them so adorable so we wouldnt kill them! LOL!
MLH--dont eat a hamburger! The only time I got my mouth frozen for dental work we had hamburgers for dinner and I chewed my lip thinking it was part of the hamburger...it kinda was after that!
sickbyc.gif
Must be the day for dental work...DH called from Ohio (70 degrees and sunny there!) and told me he broke another filling! I swear the man eats rocks! There goes my new horse...right into his mouth...now THAT'S a picture!
Yes the Chestnut (Treasure) had way more attitude than the black(Rocky) That is what I am looking for...plus she was Waaay smooth! Sometimes I wish they did head transplants on horses!

Timer is ringing, break is over...I am sad!
Supper report: Country style ribs with potatoes and sauerkraut and dilled carrots. My client's son brought me a GF cupcake from Daisy Cupcake Bakery so that is what I am having for desert!

Talk later! Terri O

ETA: DrH you are so cool!
bow.gif
Imagine being asked to honor a dead person BEFORE they are even dead! Good job!

Last edited:
So the gentleman that buys my eggs at work each week, (usually gets them from my SO's office) stopped by and I met him for the first time-this is the man that left a duck egg on SO's desk asking for our help in saving the baby duck egg.

Anyhow interesting fact:
In Chinese:
Chicken is "ji" pronounced "gee"
Duck is "YA" prounounced "yah"

Just thought I would share my learning of the day!!!

The pups look just like mom! LOL She's a nice lookin' dog!

Found out what the big stink with Rudy was last night.... A Skunk!
ep.gif
Luckily Rudy must have scared it off without it spraying.... however, something must not have been as lucky. Smelled it later
sickbyc.gif
Chickens were fine! Good Ruddy!

Taking the turner out of the 'bator while supper is cooking, can't seem to get the humidity over 50%
hmm.png
any ideas?

Speaking of supper.... bacon wrapped venison roast. FRESH CUT asparagus, and sour cream and chive (fresh cut) mashed potatoes. I might make sauce for the asparagus.

CU later!

The pups look just like mom! LOL She's a nice lookin' dog!

Found out what the big stink with Rudy was last night.... A Skunk!
ep.gif
Luckily Rudy must have scared it off without it spraying.... however, something must not have been as lucky. Smelled it later
sickbyc.gif
Chickens were fine! Good Ruddy!

Taking the turner out of the 'bator while supper is cooking, can't seem to get the humidity over 50%
hmm.png
any ideas?

Speaking of supper.... bacon wrapped venison roast. FRESH CUT asparagus, and sour cream and chive (fresh cut) mashed potatoes. I might make sauce for the asparagus.

CU later!

You could try putting a semi wet sponge in your tray of water to help raise the humidity.

stupid me! always thinking I can wing incubating.... needless to say I'm gonna find my notes. Thankfully I typed them up here on BYC also now I don't have to dig. the one chick finally hatched with help. I guess my hygrometer was off. it was saying that I had high enough humidity with out adding water. WRONG! the one chick seemed wet enough to spin in there but he/she didn't zip at all. the rest of the hatches are gonna be good. I just wanted to waste the power for the last 3 weeks lol what the h3ll right!? lol
why does it seem like we always run out of fuel oil in April. you almost don't want to get more cause you know it will get warmer lol Brrrrrrr!
anywho Im gonna watch some netflix and go to bed lol I'M TIRED! lol

Quote:

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Congrats to Nora!!!!!! Wow, she is super mom!
clap.gif

Ang,
fl.gif
on the egg!

It has been one of those days around here, hasn't it?
hugs.gif

Terri, so sorry about your bird. That is so sad. Poor Buddy.
sad.png
hit.gif
I agree also about having your DD getting & unloading the hay for her horses. That is the least she could do if you're housing & feeding & caring for them. She could get some friends to help her & probably have it done in no time.
MLH & Jim, congrats on the popcorn, I mean quail!
pop.gif

Tom, glad you could rejoin us. There will be a quiz tomorrow about the last 300 pages.
wink.png

DrH, sorry to hear about Brownie. My PRs did the exact same thing. Bred for production & that's about it.
sad.png
My last PR, Priscilla Poultry, just turned 3 & is currently in the "hospital ward". She's been off her feed, so she's getting extra attention, treats & lots of vitamins. She has been like this once before & bounced back, so we shall see.
fl.gif

Wow, DAS, those are some beautiful birds you have there!

Cind, I think Jim was the one who was wanting a BR roo.

Raim, congrats on the cute lil quackers!

Welcome to the Cheesehead thread, farriersgirl! Glad you like our thread. Hope you can visit often. Which area of the state are you from?

Bf4, you've got more sick ones????? We were just e-mailing not that long ago. Oh no!!!! You poor gal. Did you hear from Dawg?
She had these chicks out in her new coop, most likely on pine shavings. The one she had that died last week was in the basement brooder.

Thankyou for the welcome. I am from the southeastern part of wisconsin, Walworth county.

I am short of time, we had company,, one right after another all afternoon, up until now..

Pizza is in the oven..

transferred 39 birds to the brooder ( 3 of them are turkeys) ,, am going to add another light bulb.. one doesn't seem to cover them all..

gotta get ready, my ride just called, he is 10 minutes away..

Puppies don't get cute until their eyes open and they walk around on their wobbly legs..

and I do not agree with the notion that babies are the cutest.. I have seen some p r e t t y nice 23 year old women..

...............jiminwisc..........

Back
Top Bottom