Witch rooster to breed ?

Alexis_8966

Songster
Jan 6, 2021
Hello! I’m trying to decide between 3 black copper marans roosters to use as breeders. Witch do you guys think are best ?
The (1)he’s a lonesome rooster a breeder near me is trying to sell me.

And the #(2)is 2 roosters from another breeder a bit further from me(they come togther). They both are from green fire farms.

Plz help me decide witch to purchase as my flocks breeder. Thank you 😄

Attachments

• 3E49EFAD-327C-4695-8C76-6AAC2A87D558.jpeg
    3E49EFAD-327C-4695-8C76-6AAC2A87D558.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 10
  • FCD91A8E-F01B-4A6F-A9A0-BE3527C2C971.jpeg
    FCD91A8E-F01B-4A6F-A9A0-BE3527C2C971.jpeg
    788.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 32960F1F-C2D2-4C8E-B999-18453B9DCCBC.jpeg
    32960F1F-C2D2-4C8E-B999-18453B9DCCBC.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 7
Hello! I’m trying to decide between 3 black copper marans roosters to use as breeders. Witch do you guys think are best ?
The (1)he’s a lonesome rooster a breeder near me is trying to sell me.

And the #(2)is 2 roosters from another breeder a bit further from me(they come togther). They both are from green fire farms.

Plz help me decide witch to purchase as my flocks breeder. Thank you 😄
How many hens do you have? Is option #2 with both males certain? Do you have to take both? Also are you breeding for hobby, the egg color or show?

Did the breeder with #1 say where their stock originated? Do either of the breeders do any health testing that can prove they have clean flocks? Personally, I do not buy from breeders unless they have quality show stock and proof they have done the proper health tests for their flock. I don't think it's worth it to risk introducing a permanent disease to my entire healthy flock. Sure you can save a few bucks and don't have to deal with the minimum shipping quota, but just ask around on here... many people regret not choosing either a hatchery or a reputable breeder.

Did the breeder with #1 say where their stock originated? Do either of the breeders do any health testing that can prove they have clean flocks? Personally, I do not buy from breeders unless they have quality show stock and proof they have done the proper health tests for their flock. I don't think it's worth it to risk introducing a permanent disease to my entire healthy flock. Sure you can save a few bucks and don't have to deal with the minimum shipping quota, but just ask around on here... many people regret not choosing either a hatchery or a reputable breeder.

Color eggs or colored bird?

Ideally, you would be able to see the eggs that bird's mother and parental grandmother laid to see how they look since he can't lay. Obviously harder to do than said.
Yeah color of the eggs 😅 and well I’ve been doing research on what color plumage they should have. To only breed those.

Back
Top Bottom