Witch rooster to breed ?

Did the breeder with #1 say where their stock originated? Do either of the breeders do any health testing that can prove they have clean flocks? Personally, I do not buy from breeders unless they have quality show stock and proof they have done the proper health tests for their flock. I don't think it's worth it to risk introducing a permanent disease to my entire healthy flock. Sure you can save a few bucks and don't have to deal with the minimum shipping quota, but just ask around on here... many people regret not choosing either a hatchery or a reputable breeder.
I haven’t asked about testing with this particular breeder, but I’ve bought from her before and seemed legit and all good. She told me she started with greenfire farms bloodline also but over the years introduced other marans bloodline to make the eggs darker.

Hello! I’m trying to decide between 3 black copper marans roosters to use as breeders. Witch do you guys think are best ?
The (1)he’s a lonesome rooster a breeder near me is trying to sell me.

And the #(2)is 2 roosters from another breeder a bit further from me(they come togther). They both are from green fire farms.

Plz help me decide witch to purchase as my flocks breeder. Thank you 😄
I like #1

Number one looks wider. Are you willing to eat extra males? If so, I would go for him personally.
No😅 I know how to butcher but I’m way to attached to do so, I’d simply sell the extras. I just want an ideally perfect looking French black copper maran. And with it, the darkest eggs provided bc of the good genes. 👍

Back
Top Bottom