???with first egg???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by alex, Nov 11, 2007.

1. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    I know this sounds silly, but please here me out.
    Okay, i just wanted to know what everyone did, or is going to do with their first egg? I don't know what i'm going to do with it...Do you guys just eat it, or....??? Thanks!

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i ate mine [​IMG]

3. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    I ate mine!

4. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    I poked holes in both ends and blew the shells out hollow. Made scrambled eggs with the contents and saved the eggshells. Am going to wrap some nice ribbon around them and hang them in my study, except I am kinda lazy and haven't been to the craft store in months...

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I saved up 11 more Banty eggs to join the first egg, then hubby and I had our first "home-grown" breakfast-for-dinner, together. [​IMG]

Dawn

6. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    I ate mine. [​IMG] I must have been off the day that the save your first egg came out. Actually I didn't get to eat it, DD dropped it and the dog got to eat it. Kids split the next 5 or 6 eggs, I didn't even get a taste till the 6th or 7th egg. I get 2 green/blue eggs a day for about a month and I have yet to be allwed to eat one of those. Do they taste any different [​IMG], maybe one day I will get one.

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I ate mine too. If you want, and if it's clean and not cracked anywhere, you can try hiding it in a cool place and letting it dry out. I have about half a dozen eggs dried and not blown out in my room. Just make sure they don't start smelling... because if they do...carefully walk up to it with a ziploc bag, slip it inside and put it in the trash before it blows.

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    We ate them. I saved enough for us to have 1 each then we had breakfast for supper.

9. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    we eat ours

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Saved up for the first 1/2 doz. and ate them..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by