Wobbly duckling. What to do?

OK so I went to Walgreens and got this one. I just gave her 3mls over some meal worms. How many weeks should I give it to her?

Attachments

• IMG_20190128_161549.jpg
    IMG_20190128_161549.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 12
I'd probably just keep at it until the bottle is gone, even after the wobble improves. The key is to keep up the supplement until they are mostly through growing. Domestic ducklings grow so fast it's hard for them to keep up nutritionally sometimes. Fingers crossed she makes a full recovery and doesn't have any underlying problems. I would expect to see some improvement after a few days.

Thanks! Ill get right on that today! Thank you.

Does one wing look like it is too high and one looks like it is too low? Or is it just the low wing that needs help?

It's the "low" wing, or the left wing that is the problem wing. For some reason angel wing is more common in the left wing. It's also sometimes called dropped wing or droop wing. When ducklings are growing, especially when they start getting those flight/wing feathers, sometimes the wing muscle isn't strong enough to hold up their wing in the right position as it is getting heavier with those feathers. Over time (since they are still growing) this can lead to a permanent deformity. If you wrap the wing, in theory, it will be properly supported and held in good position while the duckling is still growing so ideally this stops the deformity from happening.

I want to say your girl has such a perfect white bib without a single blue feather in it, she's lovely! :love

I know you said you’ve been giving niacin do you know how many megs your giving ?ducklings need around 125 mgs a day. I would really try and get the Liquid B complex and try that with her. Sure won’t hurt. Adorable little ones

Back
Top Bottom