Wolf dog pet + chickens and ducks

No worries there! I know the risk, so to the vet I'm calling him a shepherd mix. If we do the test and he comes out to be 100% dog mutt it won't matter, he's our family now. Just trying to find advice for moving forward whatever the case may be ❤️

Smart move. Years ago I worked at a vet and a client brought their dog in. It was 12 years old and obviously not what they said he was. They listed him as an Alaskan malamute, but I knew better. It was a wolf,(they confirmed this with me because I outright asked--beautiful animal) period. The most gentle dog I ever worked with. He was raised with kids and other dogs. This is not the norm. I've read horror stories about wolfs and wolf-dogs as pets. It's a lot of work. When making an outside area for him, it would be smart to fully enclose it, keep his mind busy, physical exercise and training. I would do the same for the chickens. Not sure that free ranging would be an option--they may need to be fully enclised too.

I do believe that the scent of this pup(if there is wolf in there) may keep some predators away, like coyotes for example.

Good luck, he is adorable.

Back
Top Bottom