Woman, cant live with em cant live without em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Actually, being 20 is all the more reason to not add coworkers to your Facebook. People generally do dumber stuff, and then post about it on Facebook, at 20 than at 40. My Facebook is pathetically boring and I only have it to know what my kids are up to. Seeing as 2 of them now hate the new FB and don't use it, I'm not on it really.

Work is work. Your private life is your private life. Those two do not need to be combined together, and most people are happier without doing such combinations.

I vote controlling husband/boyfriend on her part... I can't have facebook because of DH won't let me...

Ok you asked so I'm going to be honest...

First... She is a good looking female...good for her..I wonder how your girlfriend would feel if you "reached" out to welcome her ( the good looking female)without even meeting her? reverse the situation and how it looks..Did you tell your girlfriend you did it???

Second...Would you have emailed her if she were not goodlooking? HMMM?????

Third...You should have waited until you met her face to face to say hello-that was the most appropriate thing to do

Fourth...You got the appropriate and professional response back from a mature female of her age.

Fifth-why would it be nice to add her to your FB? Your not even friends?

Ok- Im done sorry to be a Debbie Downer
hide.gif

Quote:
Actually, being 20 is all the more reason to not add coworkers to your Facebook. People generally do dumber stuff, and then post about it on Facebook, at 20 than at 40. My Facebook is pathetically boring and I only have it to know what my kids are up to. Seeing as 2 of them now hate the new FB and don't use it, I'm not on it really.

Work is work. Your private life is your private life. Those two do not need to be combined together, and most people are happier without doing such combinations.

I agree and Disagree with this.
At my old job I made the mistake of adding my boss and coworkers to my facebook....telling you what a mess that was. If I posted anything about work being horrible or anything I would hear about it the next day. Learnt with where I work now. Don't friend all your co-workers especially your boss. haha ( Even though she is my really good friend.)

But sometimes you make really great friends at work so why not add them to facebook? It really all depends on the relationship and I'd stay status of the coworker.

Just all depends again on the situation.

Last edited:
Quote:
Lot of great questions.

1: Yes actually i did shortly after reader her reply, we have a great bond were she tells me when guys at college ask her out ect and she says no. i do not get mad. she does the right thing. She told me that i got what i deserved
lol.png
wich is true i suppose. all i watned to do was put a face to her name.

2: No, i probably would not have.
hu.gif

3: right, but no tellign when that would have been, possibly a few months yet. and its annoying with everyone talkign about her and i dont know what she looks like. all the other shop guys have been to the office since she was hired except me. Wondering if they are just filthy dogs or she is really what they say.

4: I must agree on that. yes i did.

5: Reasons stated above
tongue.png

Quote:

I agree and Disagree with this.
At my old job I made the mistake of adding my boss and coworkers to my facebook....telling you what a mess that was. If I posted anything about work being horrible or anything I would hear about it the next day. Learnt with where I work now. Don't friend all your co-workers especially your boss. haha ( Even though she is my really good friend.)

But sometimes you make really great friends at work so why not add them to facebook? It really all depends on the relationship and I'd stay status of the coworker.

Just all depends again on the situation.

True...my boss's wife was a friend on FB she was eliminated rather quick.

Quote:
Lol well i can say the same..kind of..only its my girlfriend that hates i have a FB she chooses to not have one and deactivates it. I do sometimes to keep her happy but go on time to time to check updates with my farm friends...sheep photos Ect..

Quote:
Lot of great questions.

1: Yes actually i did shortly after reader her reply, we have a great bond were she tells me when guys at college ask her out ect and she says no. i do not get mad. she does the right thing. She told me that i got what i deserved
lol.png

hu.gif

3: right, but no tellign when that would have been, possibly a few months yet. and its annoying with everyone talkign about her and i dont know what she looks like. all the other shop guys have been to the office since she was hired except me. Wondering if they are just filthy dogs or she is really what they say.

tongue.png

great honest answers! Glad your GF is funny and honest-
and yes the guys in your office ARE dirty dogs!
lol.png

you just wanted to see HOW pretty she was haha

Quote:
Lot of great questions.

lol.png

hu.gif

tongue.png

And that, right there, makes it inappropriate.

Quote:
All the exact same things I was thinking. I've been in the situation where someone I had *just* met wanted to add me to their Facebook, and it just felt weird to me. Facebook is a great social site and I love that I can stay in touch with so many people from my present and past in a way that I couldn't or didn't before Facebook. But I am selective who I add as a FB Friend. The people I add are the ones that I enjoy hearing about what is going on in their lives and want them to know what is going on in mine. I don't add people I've just met because at that point I don't care what they're up to. If at some point in the future we become friends, THEN I might add them.

And, I don't add people I work with. Heck, I haven't even added my employer in my profile or liked my employer's page - and we're encouraged weekly to like their page! I work in a rare position where we are encouraged to be on FB as part of our jobs. I can post to my employer's FB wall AS the employer. But I haven't "liked" them from my personal page.

What I'm reading from the response you got is that this girl thought it was weird that someone she has never met is emailing her - not on a business related issue but on a personal basis, and at the same time asking to be added on FB. I'm sure she took it as you hitting on her. You should have waited until after you had met in person to send anything of a personal nature. And even then, you should be careful about the emails you send via your employer's server. And perhaps take a course in sexual harassment so you understand what is and is not appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom