Women in combat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The founders may disagree. It was expected. Read the Militia acts of 1792. The idea that freedom is free is a new an flawed concept.
The founding fathers also had slaves and believed women belonged to their fathers and husbands. Freedom, like many notions of our founding fathers, change with time. All ideas, laws, and other man made social contracts change as the generations do. They were good men for their era. They were brilliant men and good strategists. The laid out a foundation on which our great country was built, and that can not be denied. But we must be able to find a path between the age the concept was applied and today's age when adjusting said application. Otherwise we would be ridged and inflexible, and grow stagnant and die.

Last edited:
Quote: Must not have changed much being as the militia laws lasted up until about 90 years ago when they were replaced with what we now call "selective service." Still the same thing.

We could also debate weather slavery has actually ever ended.

What I can assure you is one thing has not changed, freedom is not nor has it ever been free.

The likelyhood of a draft is almost nonexistent. I really think that combat has been reduced to operating drones and other technical warfare. The exception may be special forces and then as long as they do not water down the requirements from current levels like they did with firefighters then I have no problem with women in combat... but I would ponder their womanhood... Somehow I cannot see a woman deficating in her pants as a sniper to not reveal her position. I think that those that support the idea probably have no real understanding of what may be required of them and that concerns me a little. Women that prefer combat positions is all fine and dandy but throwing the draft equation in even if it just means registering somehow I don't think the majority of american women will be thrilled about it.
Women have served in the special forces, the CIA and other places for many years now and not held to lesser expectations. And no need to ponder their womanhood either.

Must not have changed much being as the militia laws lasted up until about 90 years ago when they were replaced with what we now call "selective service." Still the same thing.

We could also debate weather slavery has actually ever ended.

What I can assure you is one thing has not changed, freedom is not nor has it ever been free.
What does that mean exactly? Freedom isn't free. I mean I know what it is suppose to mean, but I have seen it thrown out so often to shut down an open conversation that the statement has become a Hyperbole.

There are several spellings for Woads. They were the northern tribes of England. Perhaps look up Hadrians wall which was built around 122-128 AD. It was built to protect Roman England from the woads of the north. Their war paint was blue made from woad plants hence the name.
smile.png

Woads? I don't recognize the reference, and a Google search gave me no returns. A misspelling perhaps?
You could also look up Picts. They were referred to as Woads from the dyes they painted themselves with extracted from plants.

Last edited:
I believe every able bodied person should serve a two year mandatory term in the military. Beginning the term right out of high school would end much of the single parent problems. Those who find they enjoy military life could remain and those who didn't could leave after they served their country for two years. Combat duty should be for all capable, able bodied men and women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom