Wonderful suprise!

ChickieKeeta

C'mon C'mere Fluffa Feathers
14 Years
Feb 16, 2009
Cumberland County NJ
I gathered eggs from my chickens, bought an incubator and set eggs. I was not sure if any were developing. I went to look expecting no change and my eyes focused on a beautiful yellow baby chick! There were two more babies in there. I counted six more pips!
Photos coming!

How exciting! Congrats on the new chicks.
smile.png

Last edited:
HELP!!!!
We have an egg that is about 19-20 days that mom sat on. Today she pushed it out and won't sit on it anymore.
We brought the egg in and put it under a lamp, but here is where we went wrong. We opened the airsack at approx 12 NOT the membrane. We have put the egg on a paper towel and wet the membrane. My husband has opened the membrane. Is there a chance this little one will live, it is still moving so far and it is now 4pm

HELP!!!!
We have an egg that is about 19-20 days that mom sat on. Today she pushed it out and won't sit on it anymore.
We brought the egg in and put it under a lamp, but here is where we went wrong. We opened the airsack at approx 12 NOT the membrane. We have put the egg on a paper towel and wet the membrane. My husband has opened the membrane. Is there a chance this little one will live, it is still moving so far and it is now 4pm

Did the membrane bleed when it was opened? Is the beak out so that the chick is getting oxygen?

When my husband opened the membrane he did not take the beak out so....he did not make it
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

We also noticed he was not as far along as we thought there was alot of yolk left that was not absorbed....
Thank you for trying to help.

She only had two eggs, we are new to chickens and hatching so we where taking her eggs not knowing she was broody
1f62d.png

When we figured it out we let her keep the 2 eggs. So we got 1 hatch and well...you know about the other. We learned the hard way.

Sorry to hear that! If you are interested in hatching eggs, you should look into buying a good incubator. It's good to have one around even if you don't plan on hatching incase you need to save any eggs from the hens.

Back
Top Bottom