Woohoo! New silkie chickens!!

KauAnnie

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 30, 2011
Maui
Ok I know this isnt a question and answer section but if you could, please send me advice thanks
smile.png

So I had three adopted chickens and two were attacked and murdered by a dog, one of which was my little brothers. He cried all day and he kept saying hes gonna kill the dog with the rake, hes 7 so I guess he thinks thats leathal?? Haha, and even when we ate dinner, I had a chicken quesidilla and he started crying cause I was eating his Shoyu (his chickens name). Im a terrible sister to laugh but I thought it was so werid.

So we have one chicken left and I heard they get sad and depressed easily. That is why my mom is in such a rush to get new chickens.

She made me call all the breeders on this island to get the cheepest ones but my brother wanted a silkie just so darn badly and Im paying for it because thats his bday present I never got him (april 6, so long ago!).

One breeder has 4, 1 rooster and 3 hens. $10 each or 3 hens for $25. Is that a lot? So now I have to buy three because my mom thinks thatll make the single chicken happier. Ugh.

Anyone have pics of 6 week old silkies? (Thats their age) and theyre red and white.

THanks so very much, Ill post pics when I pick them up later today.

Quote:
Aww theyre cute, I will post up the pictures of the chicks we just picked up soon.

98268_mms_picture_10.jpg

98268_mms_picture_8.jpg

98268_mms_picture_9.jpg

Here they are, Snowball and Betty.

Do they look healthy? We put them in the same coop as the teenage chicken but they are seperated. They dont like us haha like they run away whenever we try to grab them and we pet them a lot and talk to them but I dont know what else to do?

Back
Top Bottom