World Egg Day Hatchalong!(October 12, 2012 is World Egg Day!)

I keep forgetting about it's muff. Buff Brahmas have no muffs. Back to maybe a D'uccle. Could you have crosses, or do you know that they are all pure?
Ohhhh dang I wanted it to be a Buff Brahma sooooooooo bad. I have a Mille Fleur D'Uccle hen that I got as a chick for free. I don't remember her looking like this one but time will tell. I don't know if they are crosses because they were eggs left at a poultry show I went to.
You're little black one looks just like my little black one mines a mix not sure of it's parentage
Well we will see what it turns out to be...I am really hoping for a Sumatra and they did have that breed at the show.
wink.png

I thought I would post some pictures of my chicks that are 5 1/2 weeks old now. Hope you don't mind. I'm not asking for which looks like a boy or a girl but I have to say that there seems to be some larger bumpy combs on some of these babies. Only time will tell...

LAVENDER

BUFF

PARTRIDGE

B/S

BLACK

PORCELAIN

Wish I could have got a better full body picture of the Lavender but it was squawking like stuck pig and wouldn't hold still long enough.

Looking at them now its hard to tell they are silkies. Wow what a difference a few weeks makes. And they look so cute and fluffy at a few days old.l.o.l.

I don't know why, but that is my favorite stage with chicks! I love how they look when they're loosing down and growing feathers and looking completely gawky! SO CUTE!!!! Love those pictures!

The first pictures of your lavender looks like some royal princess, and the last one reminds me of Za Za Gabor, LOL

Last edited:
Looking at them now its hard to tell they are silkies. Wow what a difference a few weeks makes. And they look so cute and fluffy at a few days old.l.o.l.
I know what you're talking about...they all seem to be having bad hair days...just teenagers gone wild,
gig.gif
lau.gif

I don't know why, but that is my favorite stage with chicks! I love how they look when they're loosing down and growing feathers and looking completely gawky! SO CUTE!!!! Love those pictures!
I like their look at this age too. They look like they've been scared to death or stuck their beak in a socket! Some look like they have comb overs.

The first pictures of your lavender looks like some royal princess, and the last one reminds me of Za Za Gabor, LOL
I love the name Za Za why didn't I think about that? I'm so basic the Porcelain is Starlight and the Lavender is Violet. Boring

Back
Top Bottom