World Egg Day Hatchalong!(October 12, 2012 is World Egg Day!)

Woot I got woke up this morning with chirping my chicken eggs arehatching one is piping and making all kings off noise, also my lavender Orpington eggs got here last night, going to wait for the first batch to finish hatching before I put them in.

LOL, Cindersga, those are pretty names too!

Ooh, congratulations, Chucklecluck! That's so fun! Looking forward to pictures mind you!! LOL

I was holding my leghorns for a while just now, just petting them and they kind of went to sleep, so when i put them back in their brooder, I kinda just opened my hands for them to jump off, but they didn't, they settled in on my hands and the others came over and jumpped on and snuggled up in a mass pile up, ROFL, It was WONDERFUL!

I should note, I took their light away for the new hatch I got today. will put something in again before evening gets cool.

Last edited:
Woot I got woke up this morning with chirping my chicken eggs arehatching one is piping and making all kings off noise, also my lavender Orpington eggs got here last night, going to wait for the first batch to finish hatching before I put them in.

So happy for you!

LOL, Cindersga, those are pretty names too!

Ooh, congratulations, Chucklecluck! That's so fun! Looking forward to pictures mind you!! LOL

I was holding my leghorns for a while just now, just petting them and they kind of went to sleep, so when i put them back in their brooder, I kinda just opened my hands for them to jump off, but they didn't, they settled in on my hands and the others came over and jumpped on and snuggled up in a mass pile up, ROFL, It was WONDERFUL!

I should note, I took their light away for the new hatch I got today. will put something in again before evening gets cool.
That is soooo sweet. I am luring mine with meal worms and 9 grain bread crumbs all while trying to keep my Roo from attacking my feet! Ha

I think it's those shoe laces, they're irresistible!
lau.gif
Mine are only a couple / 3 weeks old so... LOL

I sold all my chicks a few days ago. It was my plan to sell them from the start, but it was a little sad to see them all go. The people that bought them did get me a bit mad.
somad.gif
At first they emailed me and said they wanted them. I emailed them back and asked if they were sure because I had someone what wanted 5 of them but they said they would take them all and where 110% sure they wanted them. Then on Sunday (when they were supposed to come and get them) they said they had spent all their money visiting his mom in the hospital. I was pretty mad that he said he would buy them and then spent all his money, when I had someone that was going to buy some. So he offers me a Walmart store card that he said had $18.58. I told him ok since I figured I shop there sometimes anywhase that I could use it, but that he had to give me another $1.50. So on Wedneday he finally comes to get them (if he didn't come that day I was going to raise the price because they where getting older and I still had the same price as when they hatched). So he tells me I can check the card balance but I figured he wasn't lying about it so I didn't. Later that night I did check and there was only $14.37. So I got stiffed about $4. Oh well. Lesson learned. At least the eggs I got the chicks from where free.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom