worm issue

What's your weather been like - hotter the last couple of days than today?

I'm confused, LOL I thought you wormed them yesterday?
If they are thirsty, they will drink.
It was cooler last couple of days that it has been, I got the medication yesterday but as they said it's better to do it in the morning before giving them their feed I waited until this morning to dose them, sorry for the confusion there Wyorp

You are using the SAFEGUARD DEWORMER for GOATS, correct? 1/2 cc for each bird for how many days? How about eating the eggs? Is there a withdrawal period? No feed all day? How about Valbazen, do you use it too? The label says it kills a wider range of worms.

No I am using Valbazen for the worms, on day 4 of treatment lowered it to .12 today on day 4 and they are drinking it much better than at the .24, will continue this dosage, Poops are looking normal with exception of one, and this morning noticed 2 good size worms had some how gotten into the waterer and dead, so cleaned it out and and added the new batch of corid for the coccidosis. as they still have tomorrow to be dosed with the corid getting butter milk and yogurt for them on hand. After they finish should I give them vitamins too or wait until after they are re-dosed?

**Chicks are all looking much better today than they have and are getting used to being handled a bit better

No I am using Valbazen for the worms, on day 4 of treatment lowered it to .12 today on day 4 and they are drinking it much better than at the .24, will continue this dosage, Poops are looking normal with exception of one, and this morning noticed 2 good size worms had some how gotten into the waterer and dead, so cleaned it out and and added the new batch of corid for the coccidosis.

Are you giving Valbazen for 4 days now? Valbazen is given once, then repeated in 10 days.

For treating Coccidiosis the you should give the Preventative dosage for 5-7 days, then step down to the Preventative dose for another 5-7 days as shown as in the chart below.
upload_2019-9-11_11-34-31-png.1904938

nope they only got dosed with Valbazen 1 time. Should not type before coffee but Chickens come first.

Corid is still on going, but at moderate rate to get them to drink it, the refused to drink more than a couple sips on day 3, same temps today and they have almost finished off the whole gallon

Last edited:
Day 5 of treatment with corid, flock is looking good bright eyed and active, but still have one that is now hunching back and tail feathers are down, all poops are looking normal now.

Should I start them on the rice and buttermilk or should I wait until after second dose next week of the Valnbazen? This afternoon they appeared to be eating and drinking better than previous days

Last edited:
Well here's an update on the 6 pullets, they are all thriving and couldn't get a picture tonight as was already dark when i got home, but was looking for them as they weren't where they usually sleep. Found them in the second side of the coop up on the shelf with a couple of the older hens all snuggled in. will try to beat em up tomorrow but no promises they usually beat the rooster up so they can get feed before everyone else lol, as hurting to bad to find the flash light so can get a picture.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom