Wormer?

Many parasites are species-specific, or at least specific to organism types. So the chances that a parasite thriving in a bird could also infest a mammal? Very, very unlikely.

You can, however, get parasitic worms from cats and dogs. Yuck, yuck, yuck! Chickens have tangible benefits and they never come in the house - they RULE!!!
D.gif

Quote:

Last edited:
Quote:
A cc is a unit of measure for cubic centimeters. There are roughly 4.93 cc's in one teaspoon. If you get a medicine syringe, it will show the cc's on it.

Quote:
A cc is a unit of measure for cubic centimeters. There are roughly 4.93 cc's in one teaspoon. If you get a medicine syringe, it will show the cc's on it.

Thanks! As for wormer, DM went to the feed store to pick wormer up. The guy handed her Wazine, (I wasn't there with her) I don't think she realized Valbazen was a cattle wormer so all she asked was if they had a 'stronger wormer'. The guy said no, so now we have a bottle of Wazine.
I haven't opened it yet just in case we can take it back and go to another feed store in the area that has Valbazen (I think). Should we just go ahead with the Wazine? From what I've heard Wazine only get's roundworms, I don't even KNOW what type of worms my chickens have! It's all so annoying.

Quote:

Thanks! As for wormer, DM went to the feed store to pick wormer up. The guy handed her Wazine, (I wasn't there with her) I don't think she realized Valbazen was a cattle wormer so all she asked was if they had a 'stronger wormer'. The guy said no, so now we have a bottle of Wazine.
I haven't opened it yet just in case we can take it back and go to another feed store in the area that has Valbazen (I think). Should we just go ahead with the Wazine? From what I've heard Wazine only get's roundworms, I don't even KNOW what type of worms my chickens have! It's all so annoying.

Often Valbazen is prescription only so may need to get one from a vet (like here in Arizona) so we order it online (no script needed) to avoid explaining why we need cattle and goat wormer for our chickens....

So in many places it will not be on the shelf with other over the counter worm remedies.

Last edited:
Quote:

Often Valbazen is prescription only so may need to get one from a vet (like here in Arizona) so we order it online (no script needed) to avoid explaining why we need cattle and goat wormer for our chickens....

So in many places it will not be on the shelf with other over the counter worm remedies.

Hm, ok. So if we gave our chickens Wazine it would only kill roundworms, and the other worms would be left alone? That is ridiculous to me. Well, I'll certainly look into buying some Valbazen. Thanks, all!

Back
Top Bottom