WORMING with Fenbendazole - - How much?

Thanks for the help I am from Richmond Virginia so I heard a lot for putting on water and fed but I have a 30 chick so is going to be hard to give them directly.

Thanks for the help I am from Richmond Virginia so I heard a lot for putting on water and fed but I have a 30 chick so is going to be hard to give them directly.
That shouldn't be too hard.
Have a helper that can draw up your meds for you or have your syringes loaded before hand.
Go out early while the chickens are still roosting, take each one of the roost, dose him/her, put them on the floor and move on to the next roosting bird.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...er-construction-check-back-for-updates.73335/

Ok thanks one more question if I treat them for 5 days or 3 day I have to repeat the treatment after 10 day and for how many more day?

Ok thanks one more question if I treat them for 5 days or 3 day I have to repeat the treatment after 10 day and for how many more day?
What type of worms are you trying to treat?

For Roundworms only - give once orally, wait 10 days and dose again.

For all other worms including roundworms give orally for 5 days in a row. (don't repeat)

To treat Roundworms only Fenbendazole dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeat in 10 days.

To treat other worms including Roundworms Fenbendazole dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 days in a row.

Just buy human deworming solutions from pharmacy. It's the same drug.tricky , as op states to get dosage right but doable and far cheaper.

Quote:

So this is what I intend to do. I'm going to get the paste. Mix 1oz. of the paste in water and mix it with the feed. (the thing is I don't think my birds eat 15-20lbs of feed in a day, could I use a 1/2 oz.?) Give it to half my flock and toss their eggs for 10days. Then after the ten days is up, treat the other flock with the same amount and toss their eggs for 10 days. At which time I'll keep the eggs from the first treated flock. Will that be ok? Now how long does this stuff stay in their system?
eggs are safe to eat all the time Afaik

Just buy human deworming solutions from pharmacy. It's the same drug.tricky , as op states to get dosage right but doable and far cheaper.
Welcome to BYC! In the US, they are *not* the same. The medication available for OTC purchase here in US pharmacies is pyrantel pamoate (144 mg/ml).

Last edited:
Can anyone advise how much fenbendazole granules to use for pheasants? Its the same dewormer ive always used on my dogs so I'm familiar with the ingredient so when I saw posted on many forums that it was effective for pheasants I just ran out to get it neglecting to read the part that says liquid &/or paste form and those are the only forms I can find advice for on dosaging. I'm sure I can use the granules, right? The question tho is how much? Can I just do the math using standard conversion of ml to mg and dose that way? The only potential issue I see with that method is the fact that the liquid&paste are at 10% concentration (I think) where as the granules I have are 22.2% fenbendazole,which is 222 mg fenbendazole/g. Each box comes with 3 packets, each packet has 4g of granules in them. Pls advise dosage for pheasants being treated for gape worms. PLEASSSEEEE! I'm begging you..&you..&you..&you....everyone! Someone! Anyone?! I don't want to lose my red golden..timing is urgent! I thank you in advance

Back
Top Bottom