Would this fencing work?

FunkyFaith

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2015
We are looking to get 2 dairy goat does. The wire fencing can be pricy. But I was looking at the electric net goat fencing. The one I saw was 40 inches tall and 164 feet long. Would a goat jump out of that? Or might they learn its electric and they would be detered from jumping. Also we have bears and other predators so I was thinking this would be good to keep them out due to the shock. What do you think?
Also is this suitable for chickens?

Attachments

CapricornFarm

Waiting for spring
Premium member
10 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
I have used electric net fencing for goats and it works well. I do not know if it would deter a bear. The chickens have a different net, i guess the feathers help insulate them . Every case is different, some animals will jump over anything. If a doe is in season, and a buck is on the other side of the fence, all bets are off.

res

Songster
9 Years
Yes, it works GREAT, as long as you have a powerful charger, hooked up properly.

When I lived in Alaska, electric mesh was the go-to fencing to keep bears out of anything - chickens, gardens, goats, etc. And bears were a HUGE problem where I lived, they were everywhere, constantly. You would see several per day, not once or twice a year.

The best resource out there, hands down, is Premier 1 Supply. Even if you do not buy their products, you should get their fencing catalog and how-to free booklet. Priceless info in there, and they even welcome calls about ANY electric fence product, even if it isn't theirs!

https://www.premier1supplies.com/c/fencing/

Latest posts

Top Bottom